four

Grace giggled. She actually giggled and if theres one thing you should know about Grace, it’s that she doesn't giggle. She laughs. Now, only one other guy made her giggle. That was her ex-boyfriend Kyle, but something happened to him. A few years back, Kyle and Grace were going to a concert, and it was December, which meant snow and in Seattle, when it snowed, it got icy, fast. The roads seemed clear, just a little wet from the snow melting. They didn't see the black ice. Going 60 miles per hour, and hitting black ice, caused some damage. Kyle's car spun out of control, and landed smack in the middle of a tree. Grace got out with a broken leg, Kyle... well, he passed. Died in the collision, the impact was bad.  

So when Kit made her giggle like that, she knew something was different about him..

"Oh sit down and read, please." Grace rolled her eyes.

Kit sighed in defeat, "Alright alright," He moved down to Grace's height and opened the book, "How would you like me to begin?"

"Just read, but not in some monotone voice, let it flow..." Grace smiled.

He smiled at the beauty now sitting in front of him, and he began to read, his eyes kept looking up and meeting hers, he could see the excitement  and passion for this play in her eyes as she followed along to Kit's reading

When he had finished the assigned section, he glanced up at her again but fixed his gaze on her this time. “You really love this, don’t you?”

“I do,” she affirmed, nodding minutely.

“Well, if it helps, it’s more fun reading with you than it ever was in my English classes.”

Grace smiled at that. “I’m glad I can make it more entertaining for you, then.”

Kit just nodded and said in a soft tone, “Yeah, definitely.”

Grace looked at Kit and blushed a tad, "We should hang out sometime, not in school."

“You’d like to?” he asked excitedly, sitting up straighter.

"Of course, why would I not want to? You're cool, and I like you, Kit."

Kit grinned at her. “I like you too. Seeing as you’re not so bad yourself,” he laughed.

She laughed as well and grabbed a piece of paper that was sitting near by and writing her number on it, she tore the little piece off and handed it to him, "Call me, anytime." Grace smiled at him and the bell rang, “I'll see you tomorrow, Kit?"

“I hope so,” he smiled back at her before watching her leave the room.

Kit Walker quite literally fell into Grace the next day, which was beginning to seem like a pattern for them. He was in the hallway, wasting time before first period was to start, when he rounded a corner and felt himself collide with someone.

"Watch where you walk dumb-" Grace looked up and smiled, "Hi, Kit, sorry... I didn't know it was you."

Kit shrugged and got up, taking Grace's hand and helping her up. Grace brushed her black cardigan off and straightened out her skinny jeans. Grace looked at Kit and frowned.

"Oh my... Why do you have a black eye?" Grace's hand reached up to touch his face but he flinched.

"No reason." He muttered and put his head down, sticking his hands in his sweatshirt pocket and walking to his first period class, deciding it would be better to sit in there than be questioned by Grace.

       Kit was still being surrounded by girls during his lunch period, and all he wanted, was to be alone. It didn't seem like that would be possible though, it seemed like every time one girl went away, another came up.