three

"Oh Kit, Oh Kit, wherefore art thou Kit?" Grace says standing up from her chair and walking over to the stairs leading up to the stage, "Deny thy father, and refuse thy name, or if thou wilt not but be sworn my love, and I'll no longer be a Capulet." Grace let out a loud sigh and dramatically put a hand on her forehead, waiting for Kit to continue.

"Uh, Grace... I don't know Romeo and Juliet." Kit sucked in a breath.

"Are you serious? You don't know the most famous play ever?" Grace looked bewildered.

"I know it, I just don't know the words..." Kit reassured her.

"You'll need to learn it. That's what we are doing in drama..." Grace said.

Kit lets out a groan, "Wonderful, I can't speak Shakespeare..."

"We also have to audition for the Romeo and Juliet play we are doing this spring." Grace grinned.

"No thanks, I don't perform in plays." Kit put up his hands in defense.

"No, I'm serious, Mr. Samuels makes everyone in drama audition... but it's not that bad... He lets you pick out your partner and you audition only in front of him, I've been the lead of five plays already." Grace put on a smug face.

Kit raised an impressed brow before narrowing his eyes. “Wait, five?” he asked incredulously.

"Yes, five. One last year, the year before that, the year before that one, and so on." Grace said, "Why?"

“It seems a little excessive,” he laughed before standing up to join her in the center of the stage.

Grace shrugged, "I guess Mr. Samuels always thought I'd be good for plays... Even in sixth grade."

“You seem to have the dramatics,” he grinned, reaching out to gesture to the empty audience and bow. “Your adoring fans.”

"You're absolutely hilarious," Grace's face stayed stoic. "Seriously. You're making my face hurt."

“Well, Grace,” he smiled playfully, straightening up to look into her eyes. “That would be because you’re such an actress that you have to keep your face one way for a long time."

"Again, you're hilarious." Grace cracked a small smile.

“Ah!” he exclaimed with a grin. “I got the wonderful actress to break!”

Grace tried to keep a straight face, but laughed every time she tried, "Yeah, Yeah, Walker."

He kept his eyes on her throughout her endeavor and soon after stepped closer to her. “Look, I can act too.” Kit cleared his throat before saying, “I’m in love with Rosaline, but I fall for every hot girl I see.”

Grace furrowed her eyebrows, "You can't murder Romeo and Juliet like that, even if it is one hundred percent true."

“See?” he smirked. “I can act.” Kit shook his head, the smile staying on his features. “You’re full of surprises, you know that?”

"Oh yeah? How so?" Grace questioned.

“Well, let’s backtrack. You went from knowing all about the school, to Ryden, to acting. You’re a trip.”

"Thanks, I've been told that several times." Grace laughed. "You're full of surprises as well."

“Yeah?” Kit asked, shoving a hand casually in his pocket. “I think you’re the first girl to actually take the time to talk to me instead of just gawk.”

"Well, I'm not the one to shove my tongue down someone’s throat the first day I meet them." Grace shrugged.

Kit let out a small huff of laughter. “I can tell.”