Chapter 12

A/N: A new chapter. Miraculously. It's been a long while so I'll be moving on from the trial stuff, since it's not engaging me enough anymore. Sorry if this is stiff, it's more of a transition chapter to be honest

Chapter 12

Gregory's POV

A day had passed since the first discussion with the prosecution and I was now on my way for the second meeting. I entered the room to be greeted by the prosecutor:

"I was not expecting you to bring someone to these negotiations."

"You asked for evidence and I'm here to provide it." I replied.

"Then I assume that you're not going to drop your claims?"

"There is no need to be so hostile, let us discuss the new facts of this case."

Ms. Orimura sat down and explained the incident that had taken place before the entire ordeal. After she was done I began making my case:

"Now, if you look there you will see copies of the passenger records for the flight Mr. L/N has taken. You should also notice that Ms. Fairs is on that same flight, in spite of being required to spend at least one extra day to complete her recovery and paperwork."

"I shall take responsibility for that. It didn't occur to me that something like this might happen." Orimura added.

"However, all of this doesn't mean your scenario is anything more than conjecture." the prosecutor replied.

"I agree. For definitive proof we'd have to get information from Ms. Fairs herself. However, it is certain that she wanted something from my client. She rented out the same hotel room as my client and decided to use her position to assist in the arrest personally." I responded.

"I shall discuss these points with Ms. Fairs and contact you later." the woman said, giving me a nod.

"I request that you let me take part in the discussion."

"Do not push your luck, Mr. Edgeworth. The only reason I'm considering your possibility is because of the results following the investigation of the hotel room you mentioned."

Timeskip (your POV)

It had been a couple of days since you had last talked to Gregory. Or anyone for that matter. And in spite of having spent a lot of time alone it was getting to you. And you were seriously considering having to take things into your own hands once again.

Luckily a guard arrived and took you out of your cell. After about three hours you were in a meeting room and a free man. Somewhat. You had been fined almost 100.000 dollars and had also been placed in what the judge referred to as "community service".

"I'll cut right to the chase." the prosecutor said, entering the room and taking a seat across from you and Gregory. "Your belongings are quite interesting. Your hard drive in particular is giving us some trouble and we assume it contains the info we haven't found in the computers at the site of the incident."

The woman paused, looking for a reaction that would confirm or infirm her assumptions but by now you were too exhausted to care. Seeing this she continued her explanation:

"This, as well as the eyewitness reports describing your alleged battle with an IS pilot and unit are rather concerning. In order to advance the investigation you will be placed under police custody to assist in the investigation."

At this point a man wearing a police uniform entered the room, carrying a couple of devices. He sat next to the prosecutor and placed the objects, a set of four bracelets and a battery pack, on the table.