je suis fini

the group, which had now multiplied from its original number of two to ten, sat around the table as everyone finished their meals. it had certainly been a long and stressful day; they'd earned a way to rewind.

"so tell us a little bit about yourselves," izzy inquired, gesturing towards catarina, ragnor and raphael with her fork.
"well," said cat, "all my life i've dreamt of taking care of people. it's my passion. i found out a few weeks ago that i got into a medicine course at uni!"
"that's incredible!" izzy exclaimed in reply. magnus looked annoyed. "you didn't tell me."
"because i was planning on telling you in person, you idiot."
isabelle ignored them. simon now asked a question instead.
"ragnor, what about you? what do you like to do?"
"well, i'm a teacher. i'm four years older than this lot. and let me tell you i may be young and pursuing my passion like catarina but teaching a bunch of fifteen year olds about biology can be extremely stressful."
"what about you raphael?"
"i don't really talk about it a lot."
isabelle frowned. "why not?"
"many people think what i wish to do is strange."
jace rolled his eyes. "you've told us too much to not tell us exactly now."
"phlebotomist. i'm studying to become a phlebotomist."
everyone went a little silent.
clary spoke quietly. "you want to work with other people's blood?"
"someone's gotta do it," raphael replied, with a shrug.

————————

alec woke up on monday morning absolutely dreading what would happen. dreading seeing jonathan again.

and he had practice too. it may be his last, but still.

he headed downstairs, greeted joyfully by his little brother. alec adored max. he wished he could be like him -oblivious to everything bad going on around him. he had sensed that alec was upset, and had cried a little last night, but alec reassured him he had nothing to worry about.

"hey little guy!"
"i am NOT little."
"oh really! what are you then?"
"seven," max replied, stomping off. maryse came in.
"hey alec! you okay hun?"
"yeah i'm fine. i had a, well, stressful day yesterday. i'm kinda dreading school for like, several reasons."
maryse put down whatever she was holding -alec hadn't really observed. "look. i know you don't like talking about your feelings. but i want to know you're okay."
"i'm fine, mom. this is something i have to sort out myself. it's about jonathan."
"ohhh. well in that case you have my permission to sock him if needs be."
"MOM!"
"joking, joking. not really though," maryse said with a wink, and left.
alec rolled his eyes and smiled to himself. his parents hadn't really taken it great when he came out at first, but now things had been resolved. he loved them; even his dad. maryse has assured him that despite what he'd done, he was still alec's father, and that it wasn't wrong for him to still feel love for him.

it was now isabelle's turn to trudge down the stairs.
"heyyyy!! i'm freaking exhausted still from yesterday."
"you're telling me!," alec sympathised, getting up from his stool. "if it's alright with you, i'm leaving for school early. i want to walk in with magnus -make sure he and i both are okay."

isabelle smiled, and managed an 'okay, love you'. alec was pretty sure she was still half asleep.

as he left the house, he called out goodbye to everyone.

——————————

magnus loved his friends. but sometimes all he wanted to was to whack them all over the head with a heavy book.

they'd kept him up practically all night talking- magnus's father had only come out to say hello.  they had booked in a hotel -three separate rooms of course. but magnus had assured them they could stay that night. now with a headache, magnus swung himself up and out of bed, and got downstairs before any of them could wake.