justice meets jonathan.

magnus sat staring at his phone. something definitely didn't feel right about this situation.
"is that your boyfriend?" asked cat.
"no," he replied. "it was his brother though. no one has any GOD DAMN clue where he is and i just, ugh."
magnus stopped himself. he could feel the salt of tears burning his eyes. he didn't even know why.

"look, maybe we can go find his brother and look for him? rather than sitting here and doing nothing," catarina said, whilst holding magnus's hand.
"fine. yes, let's go," he sniffed.
"you two coming?" cat asked.
ragnor and raphael looked at each other for a moment.
"sure."

——————————

"where even are we going anyway?"
"i feel like i could guess where he'll be. he always goes to this place when he's upset."
simon thought to himself for a moment. isabelle was just not telling him what the problem was. what had happened with jonathan? were they once best friends? was jonathan a massive bully? did he...try anything funny on izzy?

probably best to leave that subject alone.

clary, who had followed, started sniffling a little.
"hey, what's wrong?"
"it's just- i WISH my brother could be normal! i wish he didn't have this thirst to destroy everyone, to cause so much pain and devastation to everyone around him. i blame my dad for it. i blame him for turning a perfectly normal young boy into a-a MONSTER. i feel awful for still loving him but, i can't help it."

izzy stopped and wrapped her arms around clary.
"don't worry! this is just the way your brother is, and it's extremely unfortunate. but it's not wrong to still love him- he's family after all. your only sibling. now dry those tears and let's go find my brother, alright?"
clary smiled weakly. "okay."

simon looked at the two.
the amount of love he held in his heart for them both was, immense.
they meant everything to him.

—————————

alec sat still, rain still pelting down. he didn't really have anything on his mind.
he couldn't really feel anything at all.
he felt himself slowly drifting away, into sleep, but was jolted back to reality by a hard, painful kick to the jaw.

jonathan laughed. "look at you. pathetic like you used to be, and always will be."
alec tried to talk through the blood slowly starting to flow into his mouth. "how the," he said, stopping to spit a mouthful of blood out, "HELL did you find me?"
"i'm not stupid alec. i remember this was the place you always used to go. to hide. to pretend you don't exist."
"please get away from me, what are you doing with my head?"
"you know about josh, don't you?"
alec looked up at jonathan.

enough.

he swung a punch at the side of his face, knocking him to the ground. before he could get up, alec was straight over, kicking him in the stomach.
jonathan gained enough clarity to yank alec's ankle, bringing him crashing down.
"i wonder what would happen," he mused, "if i were to," moving his foot to just slightly resting on alec's neck, "just crush your neck?"

"you won't," alec smirked. "you will never do it either. because deep down, in that sick, twisted, awful, disgusting heart of yours, you still care about-"
"STOP IT. i don't. i don't care about anything, i don't care at all-"
"you can crush my throat if you want."
"i don't need you to-"
"i'm waiting."
"can you just shut up-"
"the only thing stopping you is going into jail."
"i swear to god if you don't-"
"or is it something else?"
"STOP!" jonathan yelled.
he moved his foot from alec's neck, and alec stood up.

jonathan couldn't take it. he swung a massive roundhouse to alec's head, sending him back down.
he couldn't deal with the brat.
all of a sudden, a woman who looked to be in her 40s ran up to him, grabbing his arm.
"excuse me young man?"
"what?"
"i'm calling the police. i just saw you assaulting this poor young man."
jonathan was about to punch the woman when he heard a voice.