fuck you

alec: yo dude do u wanna meet up after school? got nothing to do lmao
josh: Sorry man, can't do it. Promised Caitlin I'd take her out for dinner. What about Saturday?

alec rolled his eyes. all his friends were gorgeous, which explained why they had girlfriends. but damn, can't they think about him once in a while?

alec: bro seriously?? ugh fine. saturday it is.
josh: Alec if you're so mad about it all, why don't you go and get yourself a girl? You know they all love you. You're the hottest guy in school. Even the guys agree. Well, apart from Magnus.
alec: ur lucky we're texting rn, otherwise i would've punched u square in the face. i don't want a gf dude. i'm fine.
josh: Right, okay. What's the problem with him btw? Like, why do you guys hate each other so much? You're like a married couple lmao
alec: because he's always like 'ooh look at me i'm so cute and sweet and i'm the kindest person you'll ever meet owo!! and i'm fucking hot too haha,,but i'd never admit it!!'
josh: And you wonder why people say you guys have such high sexual tension between you.
alec: SHUT IT
josh: Lmao dw Alec. I was only messing with you earlier when I said get yourself a girl. We all know you're gay. It's kinda obvious.
alec: excuse ME i am not GAY i am STRAIGHT i love TITTIES
josh: How To Tell Someone Is Gay In One Simple Step
alec: heck off
josh: k
alec: ...u won't tell anyone tho will u
josh: Mate we all know already but sure, I won't.
alec: thank uuuuuu anyways imma get out of bed now see ya in school

alec sighed. he was tired, and couldn't be bothered to deal with josh. he was one of his best friends, but he had a habit of constantly asking questions when he'd be better keeping his mouth shut.
alec trudged downstairs, to where his sister and two brothers were sitting in the kitchen. 

"aaaaaaaaalec!" max said, running over and hugging his leg.
"hey, max!" he said, reaching down and tickling his little brother.
max squealed and ran out of the kitchen in peals of laughter. alec sat down to join jace and isabelle.
"too much being the hottest guy in school tiring you out?" jace teased. jace was, as well as being alec's adopted brother, also one of the hot guys. he had a girlfriend though, so girls didn't go after him as much.
"jace, please stop. i have enough with everyone in school thirsting over me." alec said, posing.
"what about magnus?" isabelle said, batting her eyes.
"IZZY SHUT IT JOSH HAS ALREADY SPOKEN TO ME."
"fine then, stop having so much sexual tension and you'll be fine!" she said sweetly.
"fuck OFF we hate each other!"
"yeah well don't come crying to me when he destroys your little virgin ass.
goodbye!"
and with that, she flounced out the door.

jace laughed. "come on, you know she's joking."
alec slid his head onto the counter. "yeah, i know, it's just lately everyone's been so in our faces about it. they all think we secretly fuck. it pisses me off. and i feel sorry for him."
now, jace choked.
"you feel sorry for him?! okay who hurt you, and give me details."
alec smiled into the counter. "no one hurt me. you know the way i am with people. it's just not fair on him. as much as i hate to say it, he's really sweet. i am an asshole."
"alec, listen. you're not an asshole. you're just a private person who gets defensive. it's okay."
the pair sat in silence for a while.
"alec...do you actually hate magnus? be honest. i won't judge."
alec looked jace in the eye and everything got serious. he took a breath.
"you're right. i don't actually hate him.

i cant fucking stand the perfect little shit."

***********************

as it was the start of a new academic year, and summer was still clinging on, the classes were changed. classes always got changed; alec was lucky enough to not be bothered as he was friendly with pretty much everyone, and his grades were always amazing. he and jace were always in the same classes; isabelle was unfortunately in lower classes, as her grades weren't just as good. there were two top classes, two middle ones, and the last class, which was for the people who got mostly D's. class A1 was alec's, and unsurprisingly class A2 was magnus's. both classes had a sort of friendly rivalry, which was brought on by both classes having the two most popular guys.

alec walked into the classroom with jace and they took their usual seats; right beside each other. just after poured in alec's best friends joined by clary; josh, david, kieran, tia, and amelia. tia and amelia were twins, so they came as a package deal; you couldn't be friends with just one of them. simon, clary's best friend, wasn't there, and clary looked upset.

"what's wrong baby?" jace crooned at her.
"haven't you heard? they're swapping the first half of this class into A2!" david said, in shock.
"is the first half of A2 now in our class then?" jace replied.
he knew what was happening.
magnus was in the first half of A2.
"yup!" tia said.
everyone slowly turned their head to alec.
the room went silent.
"well," alec sighed. "it's been nice knowing you guys. unfortunately, i have now decided to jump off the school roof. goodbye!" he said.
he couldn't have chosen a worse time to try to leave the room.
"and just where, do you think you're going, alexander?"
"to jump off the school roof, sir. i was just told that magnus is in this class now."
then came the voice,
smooth as caramel,
sweet as honey.
"nice to know you'd be willing to die for me, sweetheart," magnus said.
everyone took a collective gasp.
magnus had had his hair dyed with a dark purple streak through it, and he'd painted his nails. he was also wearing perfect eye makeup.
everyone had known magnus to be dramatic and extravagant, but he'd always just worn casual enough clothing and nothing more than eyeliner. now he looked like he'd just been pulled out of a fantasy book.

alec regained his breath and control.
no, he wasn't hot, he never was and he never will be.
without any words, he sat down beside jace again.
"oh no no, alexander. you didn't think you'd get away with that did you?"
alec questioned mr. logan.
"jace, swap seats with morgan. morgan, come sit up here. magnus, you know where to go."
alec's chest tightened. he couldn't deal with this. how was he meant to spend the whole year next to someone he couldn't stand? no matter how perfect they might be?
magnus, dramatic as ever, sat gracefully down, giving alec constant side glances and smirks. magnus couldn't stand alec. he couldn't stand his gorgeous eyes, or his gorgeous face, or his gorgeous body. unlike alec, magnus was open with his sexuality, and he often enjoyed basking in the many sexual tension jokes people made about him and alec.  he knew they pissed alec off, which was exactly why he played along.

"oh and boys?" mr logan called. "i want you two to stay behind. we're gonna discuss this silly little 'feud' you young men have. it's getting out of hand."
"but sirrrrrrr it's morning drama's always better in the afternoon," alec whined. he hoped that if he could convince mr. logan to let them stay behind after bio -which was last period, and the only other class they had him for- that he'd either forget or he could sneak away.
"i think alec should be allowed to do what he wants sir."
"just like he does to you!" someone from the back of the class yelled.
everyone laughed.
"zip it cunt. whoever said that. don't you fucking dare talk like that."
"alexander! do you want a detention??? you have a perfect clean record that i could just change right now. sit down, calm down, and magnus and yourself will be speaking with me later."

************

"can you boys please explain what exactly is going on? all the teachers in this school have noticed. it's not healthy. we've never seen either of you do anything to hurt the other, so why all the hate?"
"well," alec gulped, "its more like, we see each other as some sort of competition, because we're both popular. so what started out as an innocent lunchtime joke became a full blown war. no one here has ever seen us civilly speak with each other."
magnus nodded. "i would actually be willing to try and be friends with alec, because i don't think-"
"yeah sure you would!"
"no but i really would! i don't have it in my heart to actually hate anyone, i just really really hate the way you act."
alec sighed.
"look sir, i'm exhausted. can we please sort this out some other way?"
mr. logan thought for a moment.
"alright then. boys, i want you both to spend lunchtime together for the rest of this week. that's all. see if you two can become friends."
alec and magnus made brief eye contact.
"fine. we'll try."