The chosen hour

Cassie's pov________________

A week later I got out of the hospital in a cast on my leg. My ribs have healed surprizingly fast but I didn't care. 

I walk through the doors with Jerome holding my hand and everyone welcomes me home. 

"Ready for the dance? It's tomorrow night" Mara asked. 

"I can't wait" I said.

Trudy made dinner and it was sooo good. I love her cooking. 

That night before it was bed I ended a call with my parents and Jerome walks in. 

"Hey, I can't wait to see what dress you wear tomorrow" he said.

"Amber and I spent a long time in the hospital picking a dress" I said.

"Must have been torture" he said.

"Yes but the dress is perfect" I said and we kissed goodnight. I feel asleep instantly. 

The next morning I got up and got dressed into uniform and went to eat breakfast and then I went to school with Jerome. 

"I am looking forward to the dance" I said but then he stopped me from walking into class

"Cassie, we need to get you to Joy now" he said and he took my hand and led me into the woods where Patricia, Joy, Amber was.

"What is going on?" I asked. 

"We are getting ready for today, you and Joy need to stay here" Patricia said.

"I brought you your dress, you can put it on later" Amber hands me a big bag that had my dress inside. 

"Thanks Amber" I said.

"Follow me, I found an abandon house that we can stay in tonight" Joy says and we follow her further into the woods. 

We stop once we com to the house "You guys should get going" I said and Jerome and I kissed bye and they left. 

"Wow, I had no idea slime ball would find a girl" Joy said and we both giggle. We walk in and sit on the couch. 

We started talking and getting to know each other. 

"Is there any food here?" I asked.

"Patricia got food from Trudy" she said pulling out food and handing it to me. 

"Thanks" I said and started eating. 

"I'm kind of scared for tonight" she said.

"Don't worry, your not the real chosen on so you can't make the cup" I said.

"You still can though" she said.

"The chosen on is the main one that can make it, I am just there to structure the cup so it last forever" I said.

"How are you suppose to do that?" she asked. 

"I don't know, I think they will tell me what to do" I said.

As time goes by I got into my dress.