he protects me

School finally ended as you heard the bell rang. You sat back on your seat and stretched your arms. You waved goodbye to some of your friends to do your daily routine and that is to go to Oikawa's classroom and wait for him. Sometimes the other way around when some of his classes finish first. Suddenly you felt your phone vibrate from your pocket.

"I wasn't able to go to school today because I got sick :( Go home early though and eat properly! And it's pouring outside so I'm praying your brought your umbrella."

You read his message and looked out to see how dark the skies were and how strong the droplets of rain were pouring down. You sighed as you were about to put your phone back in your pocket to feel it vibrate again.

"Don't think I forgot! Tell me about the boy you like :3"

You read his message and smile. You type out the words and breathe out from your nose in satisfaction.

"He protects me."

You made your way outside the school grounds whilst struggling to open your umbrella. You apparently brought your old umbrella which was close to giving up on you. You squealed as you ran to take shade on a nearby bus stop. You usually walked home and sadly there is no bus that passes directly through your house so you just had to wait for the rain to calm down a bit before you could go again.

You sighed as you have been standing there, dripping wet for quite some time already and the strong rains still haven't gotten calmer. Not even a tiny bit. You decided to just go for it and screamed as you ran, gripping your umbrella which was almost no help to you. You ran as fast as you could and saw another bus stop with a shade.

You panted as you realized you were only a few blocks away from your apartment and even Oikawa's apartment which was nearer than your. You sighed as you sat on one of the benches to catch your breath. You looked up to see that the rain just won't get calmer anytime soon and you could feel your chest getting heavier.

You closed your eyes and opened them again to be greeted by 3 boys who wore uniforms you didn't recognize. They all seemed older than you and were towering over you as you were sat on the benches dripping from all the rain. You gulped as you stood up quickly, ready to run again when you felt one of them grab your wrist.

"Where are you going hot stuff?" A guy with dark hair says to you in a seductive tone but you swatted his hand away. You huffed as you rolled your eyes at him.

Again, you attempted to run away but was pulled by two of them and was pinned against the wall. This time you were cornered by all three them.

"I asked where you're going, right? Looking all hot and wet right now?" He asked as you looked down to see your uniform soaked making your bra visible. You gulped again as you felt tears forming in your eyes. You sighed and closed your eyes as you swung your umbrella at one of them.

He yelped in pain as you scratched his face due to one of the edges of the umbrella being broken. You were about to run but was grabbed yet again. You have really done it. You have angered them.

Whatever you did, they would still catch up to you. That was until you heard one of the boys wince in pain from the back. You look to see Oikawa in his pajamas, soaked, with his umbrella that he dropped on the ground. He punched one of the other guys and whilst the guy restraining you was distracted, you were able to land a punch on his cheek.

You ran to Oikawa and grabbed his umbrella and ran to his place which was nearer. You tried to catch your breath as you finally reached the comfort of his home. His body collapsed as soon as you have entered his apartment. You guided him to his room and onto his bed and got clothes for him from his closet.

"Y-you can borrow some of mine too." He says as you gave him some pieces of his clothing. You nod at him. You grab some of his shirt and shorts and made your way to your bathroom. He was watching you as he was taking his shirt off and soon you stopped in your tracks.

"How did you know I was in trouble?"

"You weren't answering my calls." He says in a hoarse voice.

"Just because of that you went out in the rain with the possibility of you getting more sick in your condition?!" You scream at him. You were gratefully, truly and you weren't angry at all but you couldn't show that to him because you were furious at how selfless he was.

"Well, obviously! I'm worried about you!"

"What if you don't get to play volleyball for days? For weeks? Or even for life because you got sick huh? What if you got into a car accident o-or I don't know Oikawa that was so careless of you!" You scream at him.

"I care more about you than volleyball!" He says as his eyes widen at his own words. You gulp as you feel yourself tearing up.

"You really are dumb, Oikawa."