Chapter 12: Death

~Six months later~

   Death excused himself and walked out of the doctor's office. He brought Neveah there for a follow up. He pulled out his phone from his jacket's pocket and called Joy.

"Joy?" Death whispered to his phone.

"I'm listening," said Joy from the other end.

"She's positive. Neveah is pregnant," he told her the news.

"Oh my God! That's a miracle," Joy expressed her surprise.

"Technically it's science not a miracle. I'm scared though." He let out a stressed sigh. Joy ran her fingers through her hair. "I'm scared of being a father," he added.

"Don't worry. You'll do well. I'm happy for you. I know you have tried hard to get pregnant. Now you got it. Congrats," Joy tried to let him see the bright side.

"Thanks. I guess you're right. I should be happy not scared," Death responded covering his face with his right hand.

"That's my nephew! Where are you?" Joy inquired.

"At the hospital. I'm right outside of the doctor's office," he replied.

"Now get back in there and be a father, okay?" Joy ordered standing up. She's at her house reading a magazine.

"Okay, I'll. Thank you." He hang up and opened the door.

   He texted Indigo once they got back home. He doesn't know why he texted her instead of his friends. Well... She's his friend too. She told him that Aidan Miracle is the father of her baby. He wasn't expecting that at all but he told her he's happy for them. She asked him to come to the apartment and he's looking forward to see both of them.

*****

   Death arrived at the apartment he used to live with Fredrick and Indigo- the place where they had unforgettable experiences. Aidan moved in to take care of Indigo. Now Fredrick wouldn't be the only person to call when something happens, Aidan is there.

   "You're here," said Indigo with a relief when she saw Neveah and Death walk in. The apartment was decorated with blue indicating a baby boy. "Son, let's get the new mom a present," Dr. Stone told Death making sure Indigo wouldn't hear him. They left to the mall.

"How about this shirt?" Death suggested giving a small light blue shirt to his father.

"It's cute. Let's get-" he didn't finish it. "GET ON THE FUCKING FLOOR!" A voice ordered. Dr. Stone turned to face a man wearing a black hoodie. "On the floor, I said!" The man repeated pointing a gun at them. Dr. Stone and Death followed his order.

"Is the mall getting robbed?" Death whispered to Dr. Stone when the man with a gun walked away.

"As you can see, there are el- eleven men with a freaking gun," Dr. Stone answered agitated.

"Oh my God!" Death freaked out. "How the fuck are we gonna get out of this sick place?"

"We have to find some way," Dr. Stone whispered. Death looked around. He sighted a gun across from him. Dr. Stone nodded conveying his agreement.

Death started carefully crawling forward. He reached to the gun and grabbed it. He heard footsteps walking closer to him. He turned in terror. It was one of the robbers. Death shot him on his leg. He wanted to defend himself not kill anyone. The man fell to the ground.

The other robber turned immediately when he heard a gunshot. He made his way to Death. He showed no mercy. The man put two bullets in Death's head. "No!" Dr. Stone yelled standing up from the floor. He can't just shut up and do nothing watching his son getting killed before his eyes. He lost his child once again. Now he's alone in the world. Three bullets flew out of a gun the robber who killed Death was holding. Blood poured on the black and white ceramic... well now it's black, white and red. Dr. Stone died.

"What the fuck, dude?!"

"This bastard shot my brother. And you know that I'd go nuts if anyone touches him, do you understand? Did I make myself clear to you?!"

   The police arrived before the robbers finished fighting. They started shooting to cover each other and escape. It didn't work though. All they accomplished was to murder an officer and two innocent people, nothing more. They went to prison for murder, robbery and distraction of private property.

"Speaking," said Neveah answering her phone. "No I'm totally healthy. Is there something wrong? What happened?" She replied worriedly.

"Who's it?" Eleanor asked confused. Neveah didn't reply.

"Death Stone? Are you sure that's him?" she inquired. "Is there another man with him? An old guy?" she asked looking at Eleanor. Eleanor snatched the phone out of Neveah's hand when her tears run down her face.

   Neveah run to the bathroom to throw up. Indigo followed her there. She clearly couldn't get an answer from Neveah so she went back to the living room. Neveah couldn't handle the news. How can someone be this unfortunate? After all those years of love, she can't enjoy her life with Death!

"What's going on, Eleanor?" Indigo asked kneeling down.

"J- José and Death are murdered," Eleanor answered still on the ground. She couldn't stand knowing that her husband and step son are killed.

"Murdered? What the fuck do you mean murdered?" Indigo cried. She lost her brother, roommate and best friend.

   Fredrick Adam stormed out when he was told that his best friend, soul mate and brother died. He didn't say a word to anyone. He drove straight to the Gun Store. He wiped his tears off his face as it was blocking his view. He didn't know if he wants revenge. He wouldn't do anything anyway. Only the police know who the fuck killed Death and Dr. Stone.

   He showed his ID to the guard standing at the entrance. She allowed him to get in. Fredrick grabbed the gun placed at the top of all guns. It made him feel powerful- like no one can defeat him. He put on headphones to protect his ears. He felt his problems crush one by one as he shot each bullet. Fredrick Adam pulled the trigger to make himself calm down. Shooting calms him down and once he does that, he gets some sort of energy enough to conquer the world.

*****

IT'S OKAY TO DECAY is written on Death's tombstone. Eleanor made sure that Death Stone and Dr. José Stone are buried next to Mary and Life. Everyone has been in misery. Who would have thought so many people would care about DEATH and the "insane" Dr. Stone?

Believe me when I say don't delay what you can do today. Your worst mistake is to think you still have time. A seed has to be buried to give life. Death died but gave life to his child. Neveah gave birth to a girl, Angel. Indigo safely delivered her baby boy. If only Peter introduced Death to his children. Death's cousins would see Death alive.