Chapter 8: Change

~Death's P.O.V.~

   I wish I could talk to my mother. I know I can't but I still want to. What would she say when she learns all that? Dad... scratch that. Dr. José Stone showed me her pictures. A lot of them. She's so beautiful. Life would resemble her if she were still alive.

   "Your mother was a nice person with a sister named Joy," that's all he said. She was 'the love of his life' for God's sake! There must be more!

   I think he's moving on for me. I can't believe I'm saying that. A minute ago I thought he was a lunatic now he's caring? Death, what are you? An open minded person, obviously.

   I don't want to be selfish anymore. I get that he's a human being as I am and deserves happiness. All this time, I have been ignoring his existence. My eyes tear up when this thought crosses my mind. I clearly couldn't succeed in that. How can I ignore someone who lives with me? I want him to be my father, again. That might not happen though. I just don't want our quarrel to last. Getting rid of the pain I feel every time I see him is a huge relief.

   I got off of my bed. I wore all black and went downstairs. I walked into the kitchen. I changed my mind about eating and grabbed my keys. I drove to the cemetery.

   I felt cold when I got out of my car. I looked around. There's no one here. It's quiet and freezing cold. I don't come here often. Last time I was here, I was ten. José brought me here. He was crying hard then. That must be a goodbye to Mary.

   Fresh flowers were put on the graves. I passed twelve graves to reach Life's. Yes, I was counting. Mary and Life are buried next to each other. Daffodils were looking for laying on both gravestones. Who left it there? Daffodil is a sign of hope and rebirth. It must be Joy. I'll ask her later. I'll see if she confirms my suspicion.

   "Sorry, I didn't bring you any flowers. I don't know which one to bring, mom." I said hopping she wouldn't be disappointed. I don't know if she likes flowers or not. "I promise, I will get you both carnations next time. I don't know you but I love you. You'd be glad to see me now- all grown. You'd be proud of me for making it to this day. When I feel mournful, I talk to you in my mind. Pretending that you're there helps me feel better.

   Hey sister, my twin. You never got to stay in this world. The world is horrible. I bet you're in a much better place. If you were alive, it would be you and I versus the world. Whatever happens, I would be on your side. Just think about it. Life and Death." I smiled picturing me and her.

   LIVE FOREVER was written on my mother's tombstone. I looked at Life's. LEFT PROMPTLY, it says. "Weird," I commented out loud.

   "You're the one who's weird," a female voice said. I looked up. I don't know what got into me but I thought it was either mom or Life. Was I hallucinating or was a woman really there?

   "Hello." A woman waved at me. It seemed like she's trying to catch my attention not greet me. I kept staring at her. She was wearing all black. Her black hat covered her face partially so I couldn't recognize her. "What does she want from me?" I asked myself.

   I decided to get back to my car. I walked fast. "Get back here, you idiot!" She ordered. I looked over my shoulder. She's waking closer to me. I ran as fast as I could from that creepy woman. I think she's possessed or something. Graveyards don't freak me out but this one is different.