Unheard Secrets Spoken

Her face was pale as they took her into the ambulance and I couldn't help but feel a flash of quilt even though there was really nothing I could of done. I closed my eyes briefly as I walked, the music from my I-Pod echoing through the ear buds and into my mind. It wasn't a very happy song either, it made me think of everything bad in my life, all the things I couldn't change, like Aize being whisked away in the ambulance. The song was by a country band called Rascal Flatts, I loved their music because it always told a story, even if the meaning didn't find you right away.

7:42 in the morning

8 seconds before it all sinks in

Put your best face on for the world

Fake another smile and just pretend

But you're just puttin' off the pain

Nothing's ever really gonna change

So let it hurt, let it bleed

Let it take you right down to your knees

Let it burn to the worst degree

May not be what you want, but it's what you need

Sometimes the only way around it

Is to let love do it's work

And let it hurt

Yeah, let it hurt

3:28 in the morning

Countin' up the spaces between the rain

You're gettin' used to the rocks at the bottom

Your heart goes numb, but the lonely stays the same

And that's the price you're bound to pay

And there's really nothing anyone can say

Oh, there's only just one way

So let it hurt, let it bleed

Let it take you right down to your knees

Let it burn to the worst degree

May not be what you want, but it's what you need

Sometimes the only way around it

Is to let love do it's work

So go on

Yeah, let it hurt

You might just find you're better for it

When you let go and you learn

To let it hurt, let it bleed

Let it take you right down to your knees

Oh...

Sometimes the only way around it

Is to let love do it's work

So go on

And let it hurt

Oh, let it hurt

7:42 in the morning

8 seconds before it all sinks in.

I took a deep breath in, slowly opening my eyes when I blew out, feeling the rush of air deflate my lungs, heart pounding in my chest. My feet had brought me to the front doors of the emergency room. My feet moved of their own accord, my arms swinging coolly at my sides.

"I'm here to see Aize Grace Lynn, I think she was brought in not long ago."

The nurse looked me over in the gaze that they all seem to posses.

"Family only." She turned her nose up at me, she was better then me don't you think? Wearing those blue scrubs, being just a little bit over weight, her pudgy hands typing away at the computer. I huffed to myself.

"I'm her brother, if you don't believe me, I can just call my parents down here and they can bring me up." I smirked at her and pulled out my cellphone, she sighed and passed me a clipboard. I signed in my name, using Aizes' last name of course. I had to see how she was, if she was OK.

"Is she OK?" I asked, feigning brotherly concern. She fluttered her eye lashes. Apparently now that I was family of a patient I was up for grabs. I bit back a grin and snotty remake about the fluttering eyelashes.

"Yes, sir. Shes getting along just fine, says here she tried over dosing on some Tylenol PM though. Troubled girl. Shes on the third floor dear, room 213." She waved me by, giving me a smile that I think she mistook for sexy. Shaking my head as I walked through the mechanical doors, they made an almost inaudible hushing sound as they opened. The scent of the hospital hit me then, sad, stiff, with a hint of old mash potatoes, puke, dirty diapers and latex. Not a good combination. I rounded a couple of corners before I found the safety of the elevators, which opened with a welcoming ding.

Floor 3, room 213. My mind spoke to me as I pushed the buttons. Once on the third floor, I walked with the air of a worried sibling. Making sure to peek in every room, making sure they weren't filled with my worried "family members". Each time a nurse or doctor or other member of the hospital gave me a sad smile of reassurance, I had to bite back a smile of my own. Finally I reached the right room, I pushed open the door slowly. No one was in there except a nurse, looking ready to leave, and Aize.

I brushed past the nurse and rushed to her side, the nurse frowned at me.

"You have 20 minutes." I nodded at her before grabbing a hand, wondering if it was something a brother would have done. Who would of guessed leaving a note would of done this to her? I felt guilty in every way possible, I think the nurse noticed this and decided to leave, giving me one last time limit warning.

"God Aize...I'm so sorry, if I would of known this would happen, I wouldn't of done it...I just wanted you to know what they were doing to you, that they were keeping you a secret. I'm sorry." I leaned over her bed and let my lips touch her forehead. "I'm sorry."

I whispered to her things that she needed to know, the secrets of her life. I told her how fascinating I found her predicament, and that she was the only reason I acted the way I did. Why I was with the Abs even though I was a Norm.

I told her everything I had always wanted to tell her, how her curly black hair almost looked like a clear gold in the sunlight, how her black eyes almost had a blueish green hue to them. I told her how she and I were much more alike then she had originally thought. But I didn't tell her how I knew about what was being kept from her, that was for her to find out on her own, once she faced her parents and got the truth from them. Once she realized things weren't as they seemed then she wouldnt know who to go to, and my arms would be open and my shoulder ready to be cried on. I would have her, I would make sure she got whatever she needed and not lie to her like her shitty parents.

Her eyes fluttered open and she look at me briefly, a smile touching her lips before her eyes closed again, I wonder is she had heard anything that I had said. In someways I hope she had, in others not so much. I sat there and watched her, listened to the beeping of her monitor before the nurse came in and told me it was time for me to go. I kissed her forehead before going, trying very hard to not look back, for I knew if I did I would kiss her for real, and that might just freak out the nurses.

The head nurse nodded at me as I left, and as I drove away I felt a burden being lifted from me, and I finally had a reason to be happy.