The Letter and The Fear

I opened my eyes... The alarm clock hadnt gone off, so why was I up? No clue. Apparently my brain thought that it was time to wake up. I groaned and rolled over to check the time, 2:34am.

Seriously Brain? Really? Its fucking 2:30 in the morning! Im supposed to be sleeping!!!

Well apparently it didnt get the message because no matter how hard I tried, I couldnt fall back asleep. Great. Scowling at the dark ceiling I rolled out of bed, wincing as my warm feet had a very unwelcome introduction with the cold floor. The cold bit at my feet, begging them to return to their safe haven back under the blanket. After a very long apology to my feet, I wobbled to my bedroom door, down the hallway to the bathroom. Where I stripped down and climbed into a very needed shower.

The hot water poured over my body, massaging away all the aches and the pains of the day. Then the water went cold. I guess today wasnt going to be my day. Regretfully, I climbed from the shower, dried off and tucked myself back into my pajamas.

The hallway was cold compared to the bathroom... The door way of my room was even colder. What was going on?! I nudged my door open and was attacked by a wave of cold. Grumbling indecent things to myself and the window I studied the room, my window, which I knew was originally closed, was now open.

Isnt this how it always works in the horror movies? Innocent young girl walks into her room, where the window is now open when it wasnt before? She closes it, climbs into bed and BAM! Murderer!

That was my brain speaking to me now, it had decided that it was going to apologise waking me up with making my paranioa explode. I slowly walked to my window, sliding it shut, survaying the room once more. The only thing that was out of place, was a note on my bed. I walked to my bed, sitting on the edge of it, I reached over and opened the note. The handwriting was neat, almost feminine in appearance, but I could tell a male had written it.

I know something you dont. Something about you and your family. I saw you watching me yesterday at lunch. I know what you were thinking, "What a freak!" But Im not the freak, you are. Your hiding a secret you dont even know you have.

Sincerly your friend;

Me

Ooooohh kay then....I shivered as I sat there in my room. Fear found its way to the surface and I wanted to run to my parents room, which I knew would be empty until around 5 in the morning, and climb into their bed where I knew it was safe. I wanted to call the cops. But I couldnt. It was probably just someone playing a prank on me. It had happened before. I had had notes from friends like this before. And plus, alot of people were watching me at lunch, and I was watching them all back! Did ya see what I was wearing? Who wasnt watching me?

But the fear wouldnt dissapate, no matter how many things I could think of to try and convince myself it was a prank. A joke. A harmless joke. Besides, I had no secrets. None that I knew of anyways..

Wait... What was I thinking. I knew everything about myself. There was nothing to worry about.

I threw the note on my desk and crawled into bed, but I couldnt fall back asleep. I was awake when my parents came home, and awake still when my alarm clock rang. I was scared. What was going on? Who would write something like that?

That day I stayed home, feining sickness. I couldnt stand going to school thinking that the writer of the note was going to be watching me all day, seeing my nervouse eyes flitting over every face, looking for a sign. Waiting for someone to pop out and say "Boo! Gottcha!" I wouldnt be able to handle that. So all day I laid currled up in bed, waiting for the night to come to so I could forget that all of that had happened. That the dream and the note and this day were all a figment of my imagination.