Near Death Experience

My eyes opened slowly. The first thing that I felt was a rush of pain that made my stomach lurch. I groaned and quickly shut my eyes again. I hated my life. I constantly got migraines. Apparently staying up all night waiting for the person who gave me the note was a bad idea. I squeezed my eyes shut against the pain, to bad that only made it worse. It one of those headaches, the ones where it was behind my eyes, my temples, along my jaw and to the back of my neck. Painful. It sucked. These headaches felt like someone was taking a spoon and slowly digging their way into my skull. Not fun. The worst part of it was, was it made me feel sick, every little movement had me wanting to rush for the bathroom. But that would only make it worse. I had been to many doctors for the headaches, the only solution they could come up with a pill that put a 45 year old man in a coma. No thank you.

Pushing my way through the overwhelming pain, I sat on the edge of my bed then righted myself. That small motion of sitting from standing made the pain 5 times worse, and colorful lights danced across my vision, I felt myself wobble to the side. I quickly stuck out a hand to make sure I wasn't going to fall over. Taking a deep breath I let go of my night stand and slowly walked across my bedroom floor to the hallway. I occasionally had to stop and wait for the nausea and dizziness to fade, but the pain was ever present. I eventually made it to the bathroom. The bright lights brought tears to my eyes. I stumbled through the bathroom and to the pill cabinet. As I opened it and ran my hand through the bottles of pain relievers that we had stocked up on for me, I felt different. It was a lost feeling, like something wasn't right. I hear my heart-beat in my ears. I knocked over a couple of bottles, fumbling for the right one all the while trying to block out this growing feeling.

Then happened. A roaring filled my ear, the pain grew even more, tears filled my eyes. Then it was all black. I don't know how it happened, I was standing, then I was falling....Down down down to the ground. 

When I came to I didn't feel the pain in my head anymore, or the new cut that I had acquired on my forehead from hitting it on the counter on my way down. I didn't hear the sirens or the EMT's words or my parents frantic scurrying and crying. All I saw was a black figure on the ground by my bedroom window. I tried talking, but no sound came out, I tried moving, but I was held down. I was helpless as I was carried to the ambulance. The figure waved in a silent salute as I watched him..she...it run off and away from my house.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Two hours later I woke back up in a hospital bed. There was an IV in my arm, and my head was pounding once more. I reached up to rub my neck, but my arms were to heavy.

"Shes awake!"

I heard someone shuffle around, tried to move my head. Didn't work. My thoughts weren't clear, everything fuzzy. Nothing made sense. My head hurt... The nurse came it. Patted my arm and said something to my parents. My vision went funny all over again. The pain faded. My mom whispered something in my ear, I think it was 'I love you'. Not sure. Before I drifted back to sleep, I worried about the cuts on my arm...What if they saw them? What would they think?

                                        -----------------------------------

*Beep...beep....beep.....beeeeep.....beeeep...beepbeepbeepbeepbeep...beeeeeeeep........................*

"Quickly! V-FIB NOW!"

"Shes crashing!"

-"Ma'am...We need you to leave the room."

-"Why? Whats wrong? Is she going to be OK?!"

-"Ma'am, we need you to leave please."

-"Ok..." *sobs*

"We need to steady her heart rate!"

"Blood pressure rising!"

" We need to get her to the O.R. Stat!"

" Alright, lets get going, now! Hurry before we lose hermphmphpmhpmhhh....." *sounds fade*