TEASER for 'Chapter Twenty Seven'

All the consumed alcohol made James fell asleep. One moment he was talking to Lana, pouring his heart out about all the misery he went through with his wife, the next, he was sound asleep on the sofa.

The sleep was restless, and at one moment he thought Lana kissed him, but he decided he was just dreaming about it. He tried to process the information he got today, everything from Gabe saying yes to his proposal, to meeting Vivian again, only to find out hours later, she's not Vivian, but Lana. The lies, deception, big amounts of alcohol were all too much to grant James peaceful and restful sleep.

And even though the sofa was comfortable when he first sat down, sometime during the sleep he started feeling his age, because the pain in his back woke him up.

At first he wasn't sure where he was or what he was going on, the surroundings totally unknown to him. It took him few moments to remember he was still at the Reed's Ranch, where Vivian... No, Lana! was home.

Because of all the alcohol he consumed before he fell asleep, his head was pounding and his throat was dry and sore. He got up to get himself some more water, when he heared voices coming from one of the rooms.

"Shit! There's no more lemonade here."

He lifted the empty pitcher, watched it for a few moments as he was trying to make water appear out of thin air, then put it back down and picked up his glass. He wandered out of the living room, towards the only lighted room, where the voices were coming from. James didn't know which room that was, but he figured, at least people in it will be able to tell me where to go to get a glass of water.

Gabe was sitting behind the table looking at Lana, who was looking at her lap, telling him something, that obviously wasn't easy to tell. She was nervously rolling her hair around her fingers, making them unusually curly in the process.

At first James wasn't really listening about what they were talking about, but the closer he got to the room, the clearer it became to him, they were talking about him.

"Long story short, we flirted, we had dinner, we danced, we had sex. And in the morning I left. Two days later I got a call from granny, and I took the first flight back to Texas, so I could be with her. And you. So yeah, Sammy is James's son. And no I didn't tell him, because he was already married by the time I figured out I was pregnant and gathered up the courage to tell him. Then it felt like it didn't matter anymore. He had a new family, and I didn't want to break it up."

The moment Lana stopped talking and her words penetrated the fog that lifted in his mind, he let go of the glass he was holding and it broke.

The sound of breaking glass made Gabe and Lana turn towards him, and realize they weren't alone in the room anymore. If they were talking about anything else, but him, James would of apologized for intruding and tried to leave as fast as he could. But that wasn't the case. They were talking about him. More accurately, Lana just told Gabe, Samuel James Reed was actually his son.

"I have a son?"