Chapter 20: Signs

Throughout the walk to the office's living room, Dan looks very excited. This only piques my curiosity about his proposition that he and Arin made such a big deal about today. Hopefully it's not bad. Although, judging by Dan's expression, why would it be?

I look at Dan and open my mouth to say something as we arrive at the living room, but he cuts me off by covering my eyes. "No, you guys have it backwards!" he hisses, pulling me close to him. There's a bit of silence, then Dan whispers, "No, Allie, switch with Ross. There you go." He then uncovers my eyes. "Boy, no one knows how to ruin a moment more than these guys."

I look at everyone, and they're all holding signs. Each sign has one word on it. I read them all, and they form the question "Will you move in with me, (Y/N)?"

   A stupid smile makes its way onto my face. I had hoped that I wouldn't have to go back home without the boyfriend that I love so much. Even if he came back to Florida with me, I love it here in California. I love being here with Arin and the rest of the Grumps. I couldn't possibly give them and the LA life up.

   I turn to Dan, who is smiling at me. "Well?" he prompts, wrapping his arms around my waist.

   I press my body against his, resting my head on his chest. "Yes! I will gladly move in with you, Danny!"

   Dan squeezes me as everyone cheers. They yeet their signs into the air and laugh as they do so. "We're gonna have so much fun together, (Y/N)," Dan whispers to me, kissing the top of my head.

   "I know," I smile into his chest. I gasp, pulling apart. "Does this mean I get to be the new dog mom of Camilla?!"

   Dan smiles at my enthusiasm, arms still around my waist. "It does, indeed, baby. She loves you, so I predict that this development will be a pleasure for her too."

   I sigh, happiness filling me to the brim. "I'm so happy..." I then press my lips to Dan's, expressing my happiness.

Dan kisses back, letting out a hum of contentment. He tangle his hands up in my hair, and I wrap my arms around his neck.

We pull apart too soon. We turn and see Arin watching us with an expression that consists of both happiness and annoyance. I guess kissing still strikes a chord with him.

Dan notices this and laughs. "Ah. Sorry Arin! This lady is just too enticing." He pulls me close to him again, and I smile in response.

   "Ew. Did not need to hear that, Daniel," Arin says, laughing a small bit.

   "So, when do you guys think you're gonna do it?" Ross asks. "Move in with each other, I mean."

   Dan shrugs. "As soon as possible, I guess."

   "I only have like one suitcase that I brought to Arin's to bring," I laugh. "So the moving process shouldn't be too hard and should happen relatively quick."

   "Ah," Ross nods, understanding. "I'm really happy for you guys."

   "I am too!" choruses everyone else in unison.

   Dan and I smile. He hugs me tightly, and I hug back.

   Arin then yeets something at the both of us, and it hits me square in the back. "Owww!" I whine. "Arinnn!"

   Arin rolls his eyes. "Just pick it up. You'll like it."

I look down at the object the ground and pick it up. It's a plastic bag with something in it. I turn the back over and dump its contents onto the ground. A whole bunch of (your favorite candy) comes out, and there's a sticky note in one of them that says "Congratulations, (Y/N)!" Then it has Arin's weird little signature beneath it.

"Yay! Thanks, Arin!" I smile, running up to my bro and throwing my arms around him.

He hugs me back, giggling. "You're welcome." He picks me up and spins me around. He's pretty strong. I laugh happily, burying my face in Arin's chest, enjoying the ride.

Arin puts me down and smiles. "I'm so happy for you two."

   "Thanks, Arin," I respond. I then have a realization. "Wait a minute... Arin! If you hadn't have verbalized my liking to Dan, then we probably wouldn't be here right now!"

   Arin smirks, pleased with himself. "You're welcome."

   I smile a bit, wrapping my arms around Arin again in sheer happiness.

   He hugs back once more. "I love you."

   "I love you too," I say in response.

   We pull apart, and I feel familiar noodle arms snake around my waist from behind. "And I love you~" a familiar voice says.

   I giggle, reaching up to stroke Dan's stubble, which I do. "I love you too."

   He hums and leans into my hand. "You're such an amazing lady."

   "I know," I smirk. "And you're an amazing gentlemen."

   "I know," Dan responds, giggling.

   Everyone then pretends to throw up. Hey, if they can't take our fluffiness, that's their problem. I then flip them off as Dan rests his chin on my head. Everyone laughs in response.

   You know, when I came to California, I never expected to stay long term. I never expected to form the bonds that I have, I never expected to have a boyfriend, and I never expected to move in with said boyfriend.

   But life can throw the unexpected at you. And that's not necessarily a bad thing. It really drives its point home, which is that anything is possible.

   I don't really know what's in store for Dan and I. I'm not ruling anything out as of yet, though. Marriage, maybe. Children, a possibility.

   Although, there are a couple things that I'm sure of.

   We'll have good times together. We'll raise Hell in LA. We'll smile a lot. Laugh a lot.

   And isn't that all that matters in a relationship? Aren't those things the most important?

   I think so, and I can tell that Dan does too.

~~~
Yo! We're getting towards the end of the book! Probably only a chapter left.

BUT! The word "Hell" was actually a pun.

In reference to what, I hear you asking? Well, it's in reference to my new book!

If ya'll like powerful, attractive demons named Crowley (you better), then this one's for you!!! R E A D  M Y  B O O K