𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Rory" Robin sings in a light whisper as he walks towards me, a small pink and blue frosted cupcake with a light green candle glowing on top making his features lit through the dark night.

"Shhh Robin you'll wake someone" I say in a raspy whisper as I wipe the sleep from my eyes. He smiles sitting next to me on the cot. Lifting the cupcake to my face I feel a slight heat from the candle and shiver realizing how cold it really is in these tents. I slowly blow out the candle, wishing for only one thing. For Robin to always be with me.

"You remembered" I say into the dark still knowing Robin is next to me by his body weight causing the cot to sink a bit in one area.

"How could I forget" he states before he gets up and leaves my tent going back to his own cot.

"Caliban" I say as he pulls away from the kiss. I open my eyes confronted with his own looking back at me, his blonde slightly unkempt brows knitted together, perfect lips swollen with the ghost of mine.

"Stop looking at me like that" I say without thinking, my voice small and futile.

"Like what" he questions his mouth forming a straight line and his cheeks now flushed with a pale reddish hue.

"Nothing" I shake my head trying to clear my thoughts as best that I could. I could feel the fatigue of getting a small amount of sleep coming in and my eyes began to close, my body becoming heavier and heavier as I sat up right. When I looked up I could see Caliban staring at me. He looked as if he had been caught doing something illegal. Cute.

"Rory-" he said softly as he brought his lips down back to mine. This time my lips part allowing Caliban's tongue to enter. His mouth tastes like peppermint and something else like cinnamon. It's weird and addicting and I can't seem to get enough of it. Leaning into the kiss I wrap my hands around his neck allowing our chests to be pressed together. The steady beat of our hearts turned wrapid as the seconds pass makes my head spin. Caliban wraps his arm around my waist pulling me up and on top of his lap, setting me down he pulls his lips away from mine. Whining from the loss of contact I open my eyes. Pulling my hips closer to his torso he lays back and places his hand on my back guiding me down along with him. My head hovering over his I feel my body getting restless from the anticipation of his fiery touch. Caliban pulls me down closer and I part my lips expecting a kiss but instead his mouth connects to the side of my jaw. Surprised my eyes open and every nerve in my body begins to become sensitive to every slight movement Caliban makes. Making his way down to my neck I close my eyes to the feeling of his lips, his breath leaving a hot and moist sensation when he breathes against my sensitive skin. As Caliban reaches my collar bone my breath hitches and my hands reach for his hair pulling slightly. I can feel Caliban laugh a bit from my reaction which causes me to open my eyes feeling embarrassed. What a mood killer. Maybe I'm being overdramatic but that laugh sent me fully back into reality. Placing my hands on his chest I push my chest away from his but his body follows mine.

"What happened? What's wrong?" Caliban asks me. His voice raspy and dry, along with his lips that are now red and even more swollen than before. He sounds genuinely worried like he did something wrong. He's studying my face and I can only imagine what I look like. Before I have time to answer there is a loud knock on the room's door followed by a woman's small voice.

"You should answer that" I say as I quickly throw myself off of his lap and onto the bed. Caliban clenches his jaw and stands from the bed walking to the door. Touching the door the door knob appears again and he opens the door revealing a woman in a red off the shoulder dress with black beads in her light brown hair.

"There you are" she says in a cute and flirtatious tone upon seeing Caliban's face. Caliban's eyes widen and his entire body shifts from slouched and comfortable to uptight.

"What do you want" he asks the girl in a cold and uninterested tone. Seemingly unbothered by his rude manner the girl opened her mouth curving her lips almost perfectly. She placed her hands on his shoulders and then moved them up to his neck massaging gently.

"You seem tense" she says but Caliban grabs her wrists throwing her hands off of him. Shocked, she steps back and I can easily see that she is hurt. Her smile fades quickly and she leaves her arms hanging at her sides. I feel bad for the girl but still seeing how she was with him gives me a tinge of jealousy.

"What is wrong with you. You cold hearted-"

"Get out" Caliban's voice booms as he looks back towards me. The girl follows his gaze met with my strawberry blonde hair and green eyes.

"Don't worry sweetheart hell abandon you too" she says with spite as she stares Caliban in the eyes. I can tell that she is talking to me but her focus is on Caliban. She wants to hurt Caliban.

"I'd advise you not to talk to my fiance in that tone"