𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐄𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞

When I awoke I was startled to find a rising bare chest next to my own. Lifting my head and soon after my back in complete shock I saw Caliban's body next to my own. A shirtless Caliban at that. Jumping out of my skin I pulled the covers off of him and onto myself covering my body. Even though I had clothing on, next to him I felt bare. Realizing he was completely asleep, I looked at his calm figure. He was a lot less smug when he was asleep. Quiet even. It gave me a second to actually appreciate how handsome he is. Hovering my head over his body I smiled. He was kind of helpless, I thought to myself. His chest rising and falling like mine. Makes you think he's human. Not some demon clay king. Stepping out of the bed I look around the room. There had to be something that would tell me how to get back home.

I lifted the covers off my body. The floor was cold and made me shiver, ironic isn't it? From what I could tell this seemed to be night in hell. Everything was silent. Biting my lip I wrapped my hands around the doorknob that led out of Caliban's chambers. Slowly turning the knob I closed my eyes as I pulled the door open. Successfully opening the door I walked outside the room and into the hallway. Slapping my bare feet against the coble ground. I couldn't wait to be home. My family must have been worried sick. Worst a part is that a part of me thinks they haven't noticed. My father? My keeper? The one person who would notice. Gone.

"What the heaven do you think you're doing" Caliban's voice boomed from behind me. Clenching my jaw and closing my palms into a fist I felt my fingernails dig into my palm. Caliban sighed from behind me.

"Do I need to handcuff you to myself?" he said both sleep and anger lacing his voice, as he wrapped his hand around my wrist. I shook my head as I stood turned away from him. Dragging me by my wrist Caliban led the way back to his room. Forced to face the way we were walking tears began to well up in my eyes. I couldn't tell if it was because I didn't make it out or even remotely begin to find a way out, or if it was because the thought that no one has looked for me. Suspecting anything. I wouldn't be surprised if they thought I was just in bed. When we reached his room he slammed the door behind us and touched the doorknob making it completely disappear. I looked down to the ground. How stupid am I to think that would work. Running? He isn't human. No matter how human he looks. No one I know is human. I'm surrounded by unknown probabilities. Monsters.

"Stop looking like a damn lost puppy" Caliban started with a venom laced within his voice as he passed me and laid back upon his bed. Biting my lip I softly sobbed. Why did he have to take me? What did I matter? This is hell. I was stuck here. I would never get back to my family.

"Come here" His voice boomed from across the room. Hesitantly I did as he said, walking to him my breaths staggered from crying. Caliban let out a bit of a laugh. This confused me, not the usual reaction to a woman crying.

"You're far too cute to be crying" he said as he sat up grabbing my hands. I rolled my eyes at his comment as I pulled my hands away from his own. Caliban smiled pulling my hands up and over his head. I stepped closer as I began to lose my balance. Caliban smirked at me, his eyes finding humor in my obvious discomfort. God he was hot. My lips curled into a slight smile and my nose wrinkled at the smell of him. Spicy but comforting. Looking up at his perfect face I thought of kissing him. I mean we were so close it was almost impossible not to think about. His smile. His lips. It made me feel just like I had seen in the movies. There was a popular one, about some girl and boy, they died in the end. Killed themselves. The whole point of the movie was supposed to be about how they were a tragic love story, torn away by family and forced to love in secret. Long story short the guy drinks some poison seconds after finding his true love dead. Surprise is she wasn't, she ends up shooting herself in the church. Don't get me wrong it is tragic and I did enjoy the movie but love never made sense to me. My breath hitched and my eyes met his and slowly raked down his face to his lips. Caliban bit his lip which caused me to look back up and into his eyes. Seeing Caliban's gaze on my lips as well my cheeks heated and my lips parted letting out small nervous breaths. Once again my eyes make their way down to his lips. And then his neck, and his chest. His chest!

"My eyes are up here" the boy said in a heavy and breathy tone.

"Sorry" I said, pulling away from him a bit. He smirked looking down at me with his green jewel like eyes. God he's gorgeous. Why does he intimidate me so much. I still don't get it.

"Don't be" he said as he slowly leaned down, touching his lips to mine.

Woah. This is my first kiss. What am I supposed to do? Wait, remember the movies. They have their eyes closed. Close your eyes. Soft. his lips are so soft. His lips. I'm kissing Caliban. Caliban the king of hell. My kidnapper. What am I doing? And why do I like it?