𝐀 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤

"I don't know anything" I screamed at him as he pulled the chain even closer to him. Finally coming to a stop he grabbed the cuffs clamped onto my wrists. His eyes turned curious as he looked up and down at my scared expression. He breathed out slowly.

"Your back" he started in a concerned matter, putting his hands on my shoulders and beginning to turn my body to face away from him.

"Wh-what" I said in a shaking tone. I turned my head to look back at him, his face was still and showed no emotion. I felt his hand trace my spine, I had almost forgotten how much my back had ached from falling. His hand reached around my body touching my wrists. He spoke something in latin and the cuffs that had been around my wrists were opened and dropped to the ground with a large clang. As I felt his hands begin to push my jacket off of my shoulders I jumped making it obvious I felt uncomfortable. He pursued on bringing the jean jacket down my arms and dropping it to the floor. Then I felt his hand go to my zipper I shook stepping forward to get away from him. He placed his hand over mine stopping me. Pulling me back to where I had stood he slowly brought down the zipper just enough to reveal a dark purple bruise forming.

"Does it hurt?" he asked as he brought his hand to my back. I nodded slowly looking back at him. He touched the bruise causing me to wince in pain. Slowly he laid his hand over the bruise.

"What are you doing?" I asked my voice shaking from a mixture of fear and pain. He didn't answer, just looked into my eyes as if to say everything would be ok. There was something about his light blue eyes that mesmerized me. Suddenly I felt a spark against my back, from his touch. Then there was nothing, no pain. As if he had healed me and taken away the pain I felt.

"Now I believe a thanks is in order" he said to me in a cocky tone as he zipped up my white dress once again.

"You kidnap me and cause me to fall and you want me to thank you for healing my bruise" I said to him. He smirked at me.

"Your a bit of trouble aren't you" he said as he stood up grabbing me by the arm and dragging me off the steps. Looking around the room he continued to walk behind where the throne sat and through an old wood door.

"Where are we going?" I demanded from him but ignored my questioning.

"I said where are we going" I screamed at him digging my heels into the ground causing him to halt. He clenched his jaw looking at me with an angered expression. He pulled my arm trying to continue on but I refused, even as his grip tightened around my arm.

"I swear to satan if you do not walk with me I will pick you up myself" he stated. I could tell he was serious so I nodded and began to follow him as he had asked.

"Could you at least tell me where it is we are going?" I asked.

"If you must know the three kings of hell had previously asked for my appearance" he said in a slightly annoyed tone.

"but i'm feeling a bit merciful today so i'm going to keep you safe" I sighed in relief hearing this come from his mouth.

"for now that is" he stated with a chuckle as he was now finally stopping at the end of the hallway. With the raise of his hand the door opened revealing a large bedroom. The room was furnished with what looked like pure gold and detailed portraits. I looked around at the beautiful room in awe. It was like nothing I had ever seen before. When you spend your entire life traveling with your father and his carnival you never really get to sleep in a real bed or have anything bigger than a suitcase to store your possessions. The boy pushed me into the room closing the door behind us, this made me uncomfortable but I wasn't about to show it. He passed me going into what looked to be a completely separate room for clothing. I believe it's called a closet. The boy came out with a long brown velvet gown with puffed sleeves and a dark ribbon tying the waist in.

"Put this on" the boy started putting his hand out to hand me the dress.

"What why?" I asked him and he look at me as if I were stupid.

"Because your clothing reeks of the mortal realm. Now hurry I don't have all day" he complained, tossing me the heavy dress. I caught the dress looking at the boy in a confused manner.

"Could you turn around?" I asked and he scoffed turning his body to face the other way. I reached for my zipper straining my arms. My fingertips barely touched even the end of the zipper so that I couldn't pull down.

"Could you help with my zipper?" I asked out into the air, soon after hearing his shuffling footsteps and then feeling his hot breath against the skin of my neck and shoulders. He slowly pulled the zipper down until it got to where the seam connected once again. My skin where his fingers had traced at the motion feeling as if it was on fire.

"Thank you" I mumbled slipping the white dress off and slipping the old fashioned brown gown on. He grabbed the strings on the back of the dress tightening it until I felt as if I couldn't breathe. I gasped putting my hand on his as if to stop him from going any tighter. He loosened his grip and continued to tie back of the dress. After feeling his hands leave the strings on the back of the dress. I stepped backward assuming that he had moved away from me. Instead I stepped into him feeling the warmth of his body on mine. He shifted our bodys so that we were staring at a long gold framed mirror.

"Beautiful" he said tracing his hands against my arms. Feeling the warmth grow in my cheeks I looked away.