[ two ] snow - december 4

The snow began to fall again, drifting against
the windows, politely begging entrance and
then falling with disappointment to the ground.
               -- Jamie McGuire in ,,Beautiful Disaster"

      two ✘ snow ✘ december 4 (days to christmas: 21)

       It was three days later that Robin finally started stressing about college, which would start right away the next Monday. No proper introduction, as they told her. It’s not that she wasn’t really nervous about it before, but it was starting to sink in. She was an adult now (almost. Adult enough). It wasn’t really helping that Addison was already reading through all her philosophy books, even the ones that they wouldn’t be discussing until next February.

       She was very excited about school.

       It made Robin herself look bad though, because she still hadn’t unpacked half of her stuff and all she did was lying on her top bunk bed to get rid of the phobia, and going to the anti-stress-tea-teashop that only stressed her out more, because she had a Zeke moaning about all the work he had to make and that he had no time because he was constantly serving disgusting tea to fifty-year-old men and single mothers that needed some alone time. Oh, and Robin.

       That earned him hair-pull. And a glare.

       “Zeke. Zeke, this is a crisis, okay. Focus.” Robin pointed her fingers at his eyes, then right back at hers, and back at his, like she saw Uncle Barney do in How I Met Your Mother.

       She had a serious obsession.

       “Don’t imitate Uncle Barney, I know ya, Hood. Don’t. ’s a serious obsession.”

       Like she said. Thought. Said? Thought.

       “Oh my god, Zeke,” Robin said, eyes widening.

       “What? Fine’lly realised that th’ tea makes no diff’rence?” A few people looked up, and down at their tea, and up again. Robin paid no mind, only snickered when someone actually left the queue, muttering curses under his breath.

        (Grandpas curse? She never knew. And that sure was an old guy.)

       “No, no, no, look!” She pointed to the window, where tiny snowflakes were slowly starting to cover the sill. Robin jumped up from the stool and ran over, pressing her face against the glass to watch the white crystals float down to the ground, ready to be run over by cars driven by drivers who paid no attention to the beautiful outdoors, only enjoyed the comfy warmth of the interior. They drifted down from the sky to cover the world in a layer of pureness. “It’s snowing.”

       Robing looked behind her to see Zeke there, standing with his hands in his pockets, gazing out the window with a soft smile. Once again she wondered what he could be so lovingly happy about. Maybe it was a girl he wanted to warm in the cold weather, maybe he got a new dog that he wants to play with in the snow, maybe maybe maybe…

       “So it is.”

       “Don’t be like that.”

       “Like wha’?”

       “Sarcastic.”

       Zeke turned to Robin, pretending to be frowning down at her, while she folded her arms and defiantly cocked her eyebrow at him. He huffed and a few stray hairs that had escaped from her ponytail blew away from Robin’s face. “I’m not bein’ sarcastic. It is snowing, innit?”