Epilogue

Jennie

Waiting for someone for so long with a promise that is unclear is tiring.

I had been asking myself if this was the worth of my betrayal.

If waiting for three more years enough to pay it.

Yes. Some may be confuse of what I am talking about. But it all started the morning I woke up in her room, after she carried me there while I was asleep after the passionate night that we had shared together.

But upon waking up the next morning she was not in bed. I thought she was preparing something downstairs. However, as I turned my body in the table beside the bed there was a note plastered on it.

Upon reading it made my world crumble. I remember every word from it because it shattered me to pieces.

Jennie,

My memories had come back. And I am thankful that you were courageous enough to be honest with me of who you were in my life.

Before the passionate night that we shared, I had met your friend Jisoo. And I was slapped with reality that regardless of the accident I had encounter, it will always be you in my heart.

But as I look at you sleeping that night, I am not truly sure if my love is enough to forgive what happened.

I do not want to commit to you once again especially that I am not sure if I have forgiven you.

Because a love that is unforgiving is enough to become a disaster.

So this I ask from you, in the year that resembles my birth wait for me cause I will come knocking your door and give our relationship a finality of its worth.

P.S. I hope you will figure out this little riddle of mine. If not then maybe it is the sign that we are not really for each other.

I love you.

Lisa.

I never had truly known the real meaning of that riddle but it gave me assurance that you will stilk find me. And for me that is enough to wait, it is tiring but if having her come back to me I know it will all be worth it.

No time is enough to conquer a love that is fit and just. That was the quote I was keeping in my mind. The one giving me strength.

"Jen?" I heard. Making my body turn to the direction of the voice.

It was Jisoo. After the morning I woke up. I confronted her about the letter and she confessed every bit of it to me. I was not mad at her. More of I understood and was thankful to her for all she had done. But we lost contact through all these years.

"Chu? It has been so long. It is nice to see you."

"You as well." It was then I saw a little boy clinging on her leg.

"Oh this is Eunwoo. My son."

"Well he is cute." She chuckled.

"Like her mother I must say." I gave her a questioning look. It was then that a Rose blonde beauty clinged on her. I was beyond shock to see Rosie.

"Jennie."

"Rosie."

~~~~~~~~

We had lunch after. Catching up about certain things. They were already married for two years already.

I even asked Rosie if she had heard anything about Lisa. But I guess even her best friend was not informed of her whereabouts.

I went home tired but somehow happy to have seen a friend. But the longing in my heart was still not at peace.

Upon entering my apartment, I discarded my coat to the rack but before I could turn around I heard a voice.

"Jennie."

Turning around, my tears fell involuntarily from my eyes as I rushed to her to embrace her.

All the waiting and the longing had paid off. She came back. The love of my life.

"Lisa."