A Bigger Storm

We're starting out with a very sad part.. it gets a whole lot better then.. sad again.. Kinda... Let the story continue:)

Your POV

It rained during the night. I didn't get an ounce of sleep and instead looked out the window. My room was connected to Obi's and Kiki's with doors in between to separate them. I have a perfect view of my house from this room so that's where I stared off to.
Eventually I had fallen alseep but when I woke up, my house.. It was on fire. The flame was small and the rain was handling the fire that stayed in one corner of the house. It was just the front porch burning.. There I saw Dominic proudly walking back to the castle with a grin on his face.
"It's just an empty home.." I whispered to myself and felt all I had within me break down as I got up off my bed and kept my calm. This land isnt mine. I dont own that house.. I have everything I wanted from there.. except for the pictures and memories..
At that moment I realized I could save a couple of the things I wanted to have with me so I began to run, barefoot and cold, in the freezing ran. I ran out of the castle, through the mud and finally reached my front door engulfed in flames. It's too late in the night for anyone to know I'm out here but I went in anyway. I smashed the window to the living room and gathered everything I could hold. I took all our pictures and put them in a little chest before tossing the chest out the window. After that I went down to the basement and took 2 things with me. One, the necklace my mother always wore but it was broken so dad was trying to fix it down there. And two-

"Y/N!" someone screamed my name from upstairs.
"Zen..?" I asked myself and picked up the last thing I wanted before going back up the stairs slowly.
"Y/n! Where are you?" The voice shouted and ran upstairs.
"Zen?.." I whispered again after hearing the voice clearer. "ZEN!" I shouted again and ran to the stairs as the fire began to spread.
"Y/n! Go, I'm coming!" He shouted but just as he did one of the main pillars caught fire and caught the stairs on fire.
"Zen! Go out my window! In my room!" I shouted to him as Mitsuhide shouted for us and took my hand through the window.
"Okay! Go!" Zen shouted back and watched me leave before he went anywhere. I ran around to the back of the house where my room was at and found Zen sitting on the ground holding his wrist in pain.
"Zen.." I whispered almost in tears after seeing him safe.
"Why were you in-!.." he was so mad I went in there in the first place but I stopped him mid sentance after falling on my knees and wrapping my arms around him.
"I was so worried!.." I cried and held him as tight as I could from the pain and fear building inside me.
"I'm okay.." I told me quietly and gently wrapped his arms around me.
"Y/n! You're hou-" Obi suddenly came running but I wasnt even paying attention. Kiki and Obi were now with Mitsuhide while I cried like baby in Zen's arms.
"I-Im so sorry! I knew you would get hurt! I just- I never wanted any of you to come here!" I shouted through my tears and held him even tighter.
"I'm okay.." Zen repeated as his grip on me began to tighten while he dug his face into the crook of my neck.
"You're hurt.." I cried.
"Let's go back inside and warm you up.." he told me and slowly stood up with me but I hadnt let him go yet.
"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry, Zen!.." I cried and cried and couldnt stop. I knew it from the very beginning someone was going to get hurt and from the bottom of my heart I wished it wouldn't be Zen.
"Y/n, it's not your fault.." Obi told me and put his hand on my back.
"I saw it too.. Dominic did this.." Mitsuhide muttered and looked down.
"I'm sorry.." I kept crying and couldnt let go of Zen for a second.
"Y/n, your leg.." Kiki spoke loud enough for everyone to hear. Suddenly I knew what she was talking about as drips of something burning ran down the back of my knee to my ankle on my right leg.
"I'm so sorry.." I continued to whisper dispite the pain in my leg.
"The window.." Obi muttered in shock as all eyes were on me. My leg began to give out but still, the only thing I could do was apologize to Zen.
"You cant walk on this.." Zen whispered and gently wrapped one arm under my legs as his other held up my upper body. "Obi, the chest in the front.." Zen said and looked over to Obi while I cowered in his arms. With one hand I griped my two items I got from the basement and the other i held onto the front of Zen's shirt and kept my forehead pressed against his chest as I cried.
"I'm so sorry.." I whispered as my leg began to go numb and more liquids dripped down to toes then dripped off under everyone elses feet.
"It's not your fault.." Zen told me as he led everyone inside with me in his arms being carried like a princess.
"I'm sorry.. I should have declined the invitation.. We shouldnt have came.. I want to go home.." I whispered as we walked the halls. Mitsuhide and Obi separated from us to find the medical staff while kiki stayed and looked after Zen and I. Zen took me to the closet room, which was his, then set me on the bed gently but it hurt my leg so badly, the part I could feel anyway. "I'm sorry.." I whispered with my head hanging and looking at the blood dripping off my leg.
"Zen, is your wrist okay?" Kiki asked him while water and blood dripped off me.
"I'm fine.. Please keep an eye out for Mitsuhide and Obi" Zen responded before Kiki left the room and shut the door. "What's in your hands?.." Zen asked me softly and stood in front of me.
"I-..." I muttered and opened my hands where my mothers broken necklace laid all tangled up and a ring that shined a bright silver and deep red from my blood.. "This ring.. I-I wanted to give it to you.." I told him and looked down at it.. Its covered in blood now.. "It's dirty though.." I muttered and kept my head hanging low.
"Why would you give it to me?.." he asked as he slowly sat down on the floor and stared up at me.
"This is the last thing I was able to make that ever turned out right before i left and It looks a little too nice for me to wear it.." I muttered and cracked the smallest smile I could muster up. "So I'd rather you have it.." I told him and rubbed the top of it but only stained it more with my own blood. "But maybe after I clean it again.." I sighed while he left out a quiet laugh.
"I'd love to wear it." He told me with a smile.
"Is.. your wrist okay?.. how did you hurt it?" I asked him and looked at his hands in his lap.
"I had a little less than graceful fall. Much like the first time we met" he chuckled and kept up that same smile I always love to see.
"I remember.. Then Shirayuki hurt herself to prove to you that she wouldnt poison you" I giggled a little and tried not to let the pain affect me.
"And then you got poisoned and told us not to peek at you while you were alseep" he went on and looked so happy.
"And when I talked to Raji and scared you all" I laughed again.
"What did you say to him? I'm still wondering" he chuckled.
"It was something about karma just to scare him" i grinned a little.
"You're one scary girl when you want to be" he chuckled before letting out a relaxing sigh as he leaned back on his hands.
"Yeah.." I smiled and watched him calm down and relax.
"Y/n, Zen, we're back!" Mitsuhide shouted at the door and walked in with a few people who wore medical uniforms.
"It took you long enough" Zen said with a light sigh and stood up as my eyes followed him.
"Th-That looks worse than a minute ago" Obi stuttered and looked sick as the medical people surrounded me.
"How did this happen?" One of the two people asked my friends.
"She jumped through a broken window" Zen told him with a sigh then looked over to me with a smile after noticing my silent stare. My eyes widened a little when he looked at me and it made me feel bad that I hurt myself with them near. I looked away quickly and bit my lip after the woman who was helping me poked at my leg.
"Miss Moon, it's been a while since we've seen each other again" she smiled and looked up at me. At that moment I realize it was the same nice woman who trained me on how to become a medical professional like her.
"Miss Lee?" I asked in surprise as my face began to light up with joy.
"Oh come on, dont act so shocked" she told me with a little laugh as she stood up.
"Do you two know each other?" Zen asked with a smile as everyone walked closer to us.
"Wow, another prince.." miss Lee grinned at me. She always liked to play with me and treat me like her own daughter.
"This is miss Lee, she taught me all my medical stuff" I told them with a little blush and tried to ignore what she said.
"Is she the one who taught you how to give stitches to your dad?" Obi asked and pointed to her.
"Not well enough, her father came back looking like a mess" she laughed. Mitsuhide slapped his hand over his mouth and tried not to laugh along with the others.
"I was nervous!.." I whisper shouted to her.
"She also used to help us give flu shots to the soilders" she told them happily and put her hand on my shoulder.
"Shirayuki could use some help like that soon" kiki told me with a smile.
"You sure made a lot of friends since you left. Before now all she had was this little boy who was moved away when she was little" miss Lee laughed and didnt know it was Obi.
"I wonder who that boy was" Mitsuhide chuckled.
"I wonder" Obi said with a smile.
"Well, you four should take baths and I'll clean up miss Moon in the meantime" miss Lee told everyone happily.
"Oh no.." I whispered and knew exactly what she meant by that. Thisll hurt..
"We'll do.." Zen nodded and smiled. "I'll be back soon to see how things are going" he told me.
"Master, you'll have to use Y/n's room tonight because your bed is now covered in her blood." Obi grinned and stuck to Zen's side.
"Shut up Obi.." Zen sighed and looked a little embarrassed.
"Come on you two" Kiki told Obi and Zen before all of them began to leave. I watched them walk to the door, the last to get there was Zen and before he left he turned back to me for a second and just stared at me. My eyes widened a little in surprise and I wondered why he was staring.
"Forget something, Prince Zen?" Miss Lee's helper asked.
"No.." he smiled a little bigger at me. "I'll be back" he said before walking out and shutting the door. My face flushed bright red after that. All he wanted to do was look at me a little longer..
"He's a keeper" miss Lee told me with a little smile as she began to pull up the bottom of my dress and told me to lay on my stomach since the long cut was on the back of my thigh.
"H-Hes not mine!" I exclaimed and buried my head in the sheets.. that smelled strangely like Zen.. it was a comforting scent that helped me relax.
"Yes he is, did you not see the way he stopped at the door and looked at you for no reason before he left?" She asked as a bunch of alcohol was poured into my cut.
"I-I didnt notice-" I lied and stuttered from the pain.
"Yes you did. Y/n, I know you way too well for you to lie to me" she told me with a little laugh.
"I dont know what you're talking about..." I muttered and was suddenly stabbed in the leg with a needle without warning.
"Just to numb it dear. We are not having another tongue biting situation" she was referring to the time I had to get stitches on my tongue and I didnt let her numb it.
"This sucks.." I whispered painfully.
"Now tell me about the boy. You like him, that's clear to see" she told me happily as her helper prepared a needle and thread.
"I.. I met all of them the day after I left.." I sighed and gave in. I do like him..
"Mhm.." she hummed for me to go on.
"We met at this empty house Prince Zen and his attendant's used to use.. Me and my other friend, Shirayuki met first. She was on the run from Tanbarun because the Prince there tried to make her his concubine so he tried to poison her but I got poisoned instead.." I sighed and tried to relax as she began to start stitching the back of my thigh up.
"Are you serious?" She asked in shock.
"Yes, it's because her hair is as red as an apple. She gets in a lot of trouble frequently for that hair.." I sighed and felt bad for her. I suppose I'm no better though, look at where we are..
"But more specifically the prince.." miss Lee pressed on.
"Theres nothing really to talk about.." I muttered embarrassed and put my head down.
"Really? Have you kissed him by chance?" She asked.
"N-No!" I exclaimed and hid my face.
"Than you've held his hand, huh?" She asked and sounded like she was grinning.
"Yes.." I muttered and breathed out a sigh.
"It must not be easy falling for a prince.." she sighed to me.
"I dont imagine it's easy falling for anyone at all.." I muttered and touched my hand to the watch under my- The watch! "Oh no.." I whispered and pulled out the watch. Its soaked in water and has stopped ticking..
"What is it dear?" Miss Lee asked and stopped giving me stitches to see.
"I broke his watch.." I feel absolutely horrible now. Not only must it be expensive but i promised I wouldnt break it.. "he's gonna hate me.." i groaned into the blankets.
"He wont hate you" she giggled and went back to the stitches.
"How do you know?" My voice was muffled by the blankets.
"Because he likes you just as much as you like him, dear. The way he stopped just to get one more look at you at the door, gosh, I think I fell for him too-" she joked and laughed to me.
I laughed a little and raised my head up again. "He is quite charming.." I muttered and rested my head in my hands.
"Goodness.. Not only have you fallen in love but this is quite the long stitch" she told me.
"In love?.." I whispered in shock. In love.. How would I know? Have I fallen in love with a prince?
As I asked myself those questions my heart seemed to flutter.. and the painful feeling in my leg kicked in just as she knotted the last stitch.
"Go look at the damage you've done to yourself! What did you even go in that house to get?" She asked with a sigh and helped me to my feet.
"Ouch.. I-I went in for pictures and a few other things.." I muttered and limped to the mirror... Zen isnt going to like the scar this one will leave.. How did I not notice getting a cut going all the way down the back of my thigh? Maybe it was the adrenaline.. This hurts now.
"These things? A broken necklace and a ring? Are you planning to give this ring to anyone?" Miss Lee asked with a smirk. And just then I realized that giving Zen a ring would be totally inappropriate for a servant to do.. It's like I'm asking for his hand.. "I've never seen your face burn so red" she giggled as she handed me a dress that I forgot in her work office a very, very long time ago.
"You still have this?.." I asked with a smile and excused my blush.
"Yes and i will clean off the blood on these while you go take a bath" she told me with a smile and held the necklace and ring in her hands.
"Do you mind trying to get out any water in this watch? It wasnt mine to break.." I sighed and handed her the watch gently.
"This must be the prince's.. I'll do my best" she told me with a smile and pointed to the bathroom where warm water was already running and filled up the tub most of the way.
"Thank you" I nodded and took the clothes with me before going to the bathroom and shut the door then locked it. With a sigh I began to undress then slowly get in the water.
"Zen wont like the scar this leaves.. He promised he wouldnt let it happen but this was my fault and when he sees it.. he wont be too happy.." I mumbled and sank into the warm water. He'll surely be mad at himself for this.. I wonder how he's doing though. I must have worried him pretty badly.. and I cried like a baby.. That's so embarrassing, why do I only cry in front of him?
After a while of washing up I finally got out and got dressed. Miss Lee had left me some undergarments and that dress. It still fit me still somehow even after I left it with her for so long. I drained the water and rubbed the towel over my long hair till it stopped dripping with water and let it flow freely. I unlocked and opened the door.. only to find just Zen sitting on the edge of the bed holding the three things I left for Miss Lee to clean.
My eyes widened a little when I saw him as I whispered to myself, "those scoundrels.." it's something I've heard say about Obi once.
"Miss Lee said you had more than enough stitches" Zen told me with a little laugh after hearing what I said.
"Oh.. Yes, I'm sorry I wasnt carefully enough.." I mumbled as he walked over to me after setting everything down then.. Hugged me. For no reason, but it was warm and felt so comforting.
"I'm sorry I wasnt there fast enough.. I promised you wouldnt get hurt, we had everyone here yet you're still-.. hurt.." he whispered and held me a lot tighter than he has before.
"It was my fault.." I muttered and wrapped my weak arms around him and held onto balls of his shirt in my fists.
"I should've kept you in Clarines. I knew this trip was dangerous especially since my brother was going to be here.." he told me and sounded mad at himself.
"I chose to come here." I told him as we stayed close pressed against each other. "I was just worried about all of you.. Is your wrist okay?" I asked him quietly.
"Stop worrying about me!" He shouted suddenly and held me tighter. "You've never thought about yourself and those scars are proof!-.. You have so many of them I've never seen and yet you.." he whispered toward the end as he pulled away and slid one of his hands down my arm that had the one long scar from my shoulder to my wrist, the one Mitsuhide saw. "You still put yourself first.." he whispered. My skin tingled as his fingers grazed it and filled me with goosebumps and a fluttering in my chest.
"I-Im sorry" I stuttered looking at his hand holding onto mine as he lightly pulling my arm out for him to see the scar.
"You should be.." he whispered and looked me in the eyes seeming so pained. "Pay attention yourself.. I cant handle seeing you get hurt anymore.." he whispered and slowly let our hands lower between us but stayed connected while his other hand was gently holding my other arm just below my shoulder. I looked up at him as my body began to feel lighter than air. His eyed looked more than stunning and all I wanted to do was get a closer look. Silence filled the room and my thoughts ceased to exist. Slowly and gently, his hand that rested on my arm slid up my shoulder, my neck and finally rested on my cheek. Zen held me gently and took a slow, small step closer to me. His eyes stared into mine and they looked so pained and longing.. For what though? Was I the thing he longed for?
His hand, that rested on my cheek, let his thumb gently sweep across my bottom lip and the other fingers stayed between the strands of my hair. I felt so clueless as to what might happen yet in the back of my head I knew. My eyes drifted from his then down to his lips and back to his eyes in wonder. Would he ever kiss me? If we forgot about social statuses and focused on this moment.. Would you kiss me, Zen?
His thumb moved from my lips and brushed back a few strands of hair in the way of my eyes and tucked it between his fingers. Suddenly titles and social statuses were thrown out the window.. Zen began to lean forward and out of my own selfishness, I did too. Taking our relationship as far as to kiss would be detrimental to Zen as prince but I dont want him to be close with anyone else.. I want him to be with me. If I were to ever start thinking about myself, it's now.
And so we kissed. His lips are soft and smooth and warmer than I had imagined. I had never really imagined that our relationship would be anymore than friends yet.. After he held my hands, stayed by my side, protected me, made me feel safe and welcomed.. I can picture it now. Us together, the thought is almost unimaginable but kissing him here and now after all that we've gone through is helping me get a clearer image. I want him in my life as someone more than a friend. If possible, spending my life with him would be a dream but if him being a prince gets in the way.. Would I have to leave him? It doesnt matter.. For now, all I can do it be here with him.
Soon we broke away from the kiss. I didnt have anything to say, in fact I was so in shock after getting my first kiss and it being from a Prince, I just stared.. Like an idiot with my eyes opened wide and a bright blush tinting my cheeks red.
"S-Sorry, I should have asked-" zen stuttered as he took a step back and looked away from me after taking his hand off my cheek and almost letting go of my hand.
"N-No!" I shouted suddenly and pulled on his hand as I took a step closer to him. "I-I mean, you dont have to ask. I was just surprised is all.." I muttered as my heart suddenly began to beat faster and faster.
Through the darkness in the room I could see his smile and eyes shining right in front of me like a candle in the dark shining a path for me to follow. "Then I wont and every time you'll just have to be surprised" he chuckled quietly. Suddenly a fire burned in my heart and every bit of worry I had built up in me flew away.
"Every time..?" I whispered and held my free hand against my heart feeling it beat almost out of my chest. He'll kiss me again.. And I'll always be surprised.. Wait, than itll be at random times? When? Gosh, my heart is beating so quickly.
I heard his chuckle again and a tug on my hand as he pulled me along towards the door. "Come on, tomorrow will be a long day and you need a little sleep till then" he told me with a smile and walked with me.
"A-Alright" I stuttered partly because I was still focused on the kiss from earlier and the other part, on the pain in the back of my leg.
"Tell me, how long is the line of stitches? Miss Lee never let me know. She said that you knew I'd be mad if I found out" he chuckled and stopped just after we shut the door and now stood in the hall.
"Oh..." I laughed awkwardly and looked away. "Its kinda long.." I mumbled and tried to avoid his gaze but the tight squeeze I felt on my hand pulled me back to his gaze. "I cant show you unless you want to be flashed but it's about as long as my forearm" I laughed awkwardly.
"I see.." he muttered and looked down. "Does it hurt?" He asked and looked back to me worriedly.
"Not if you're planning to carry me down the halls" I laughed a little and was joking but um.. I think those were his actual intentions.
"Then I guess I'll see just how long you can keep up with me" he told me with a smile and almost let his hand fall out of mine but I pulled him back like a shy, shy child.. God, this is so embarrassing, the things he makes me do.
"We can walk and if it hurts you can carry me later" I told him with a sigh.
"Deal" Zen told me with a smile and held onto my hand a little tighter. "I wish our rooms weren't so far away though, it took me forever to find that room only to see you ran out" he told me with a light sigh as we began to walk. I had a little limp but I tried my best to not let Zen notice.
"Sorry.." I sighed and looked at the carpet under my feet. I'm still not wearing shoes..
"I cant believe you went barefoot" he sighed but still held up a smile.
"Dont look at my feet" I told him and tugged on his hand to take his attention away. That so weird, feet are not a pretty thing and i personally dont want anyone looking at mine.
"You're so weird" he chuckled and pulled us along.
"You're weird.." I retorted and sighed partly out of pain. I need ice for these stitches, they hurt.. "Um Zen, about your watch.." I muttered and felt horrible.
"Oh! Wait here!" He whisper shouted to me and let my hand go. I looked at him in wonder as I watched him run back to his room. I guess we havent walked that far yet, i think I'm slowing us down.. He ran back out and stopped in front of me slightly out of breath. "I fixed it!" He exclaimed and held up my mother's necklace. The clasp broke but the chain is long enough to slide over anyone's head. He attached the tiny chains together..
"Thank you.." I smiled and looked at the tiny crystal shining in the center of the necklace. All it was is a small circular diamond placed on a thin golden chain. He smiled as he gently slid it over my head and let it rest around my neck.
"It looks good on you" he told me, "Was it your mother's?" He asked and began to slowly walk with me again.
"Yeah, my father gave it to her a few years ago. It's probably about the most expensive thing we ever owned" I told him with a little laugh and looked down at the tiny diamond.
"And your swords werent?" He chuckled and looked over to me in surprise.
"It's the most expensive normal thing we owned. Believe it or not, being a normal family was also part of life for famous swordsmen" I giggled and looked over at him.
"I wish I had one of those." He chuckled and looked in front of us. "One day I'll have a family and we'll live like you did" he told me after looking me in the eyes with a beautiful smile. I couldn't help but wonder if I would be a part of that family. If we would ever be a family and raise kids who weren't forced to live within castle walls or forced to do things they wish they hadnt.
"Me too.. If I ever had one I dont think I'd want my kids to become fighting machines and go on missions though" I laughed to myself and began to feel more pain in my leg.
"I would want my kids to be as tough as you but i dont think I'd ever send them on missions" he chuckled and looked over to me.
"I think I'd want them working at the castle.. It sure seemed to help me out" i laughed a little and leaned on the side of the wall as we walked.
"Y/n.." Zen muttered my name and stopped walking suddenly. "How bad does it hurt?" He asked softly with a concerned expression.
"If I cant handle walking to my room than how can I go through tomorrow.." I muttered and kept walking dispite the pain. "Whoa!-" shouted as Zen suddenly picked me up.
"What did I say about paying attention to yourself? You'll make yourself more hurt and you're worrying me more.." he told me softly and carried me like a princess all the way to my room.
"Sorry.." I sighed quietly. He knows better than I do how to take care of myself. I just really want to show him I'm strong but he can see right through me..
"If you're hurt you dont have to hide it. I want to make you feel better as fast as possible which is why I've been pushing you to let down your guard" he told me with a sigh as he set me down on my bed after opening the door.
"My guard? Is that what you've been doing?" I asked jokingly.
"Say what you want but I can read you like a book" he told me proudly as he pulled out the blankets.
"You think so?" I laughed a little.
"I know so" he told me with a smile as he took my hand and helped me stand up then sat me down on the sheets.
"Do you know what I'm thinking right now?" I asked with a grin as I slowly lifted my legs up painfully to lay on the bed before letting myself fall back and Zen sliding the blanket over my head.
"Hm.." he hummed as he looked into my eyes and leaned over me after pulling up the blanket over my chest. My eyes widened a bit and a light red tinted my cheeks. Hes so close.. "it must be something embarrassing" he chuckled and sat beside me.
"No.." I muttered bluntly and looked away while trying to hide that blush.
"Go to sleep" he chuckled and stood back up with a smile.
"Good night, Zen" I muttered with a little smile as he walked to the door.
"Good night, Y/n" he replied and stood at the door a little longer before finally leaving.
I turned on my side and looked out the window feeling more than happy. I can still see my house smoking in the distance now that the fire and rain had passed but it's alright because now I have Zen.. I cant believe we kissed still..

------

Cute?