Chapter Six

Copy right © All Rights Reserved by Louisa Ann 2020

****Not Edited****

CHAPTER SIX•

Peter walked into the office deciding whether it was the right time to make his marriage arrangement public. Upon seeing his secretary brought a negative feeling from the incident last night. She made eye contact with him, but he just stared past her when she attempted to talk to him. He needs a new secretary, maybe a man or an old woman. Peter walked into his office and began on his work that he needed to finish from last night. He didn't get back from Georgia's until late at night. He basically had to force himself to go home. He definitely did not want to leave her.

"Sir?" Peter looked up and saw his secretary biting her lip nervously. He sighed and waved her in. "What is it that you need?" he asked. She sighed and looked up at him. "I sincerely apologize for my behavior last night but...I want you to know Peter," she hesitated, confidence boosted through her system. Peter grew uncomfortable and was ready to call security but she spoke up again. "I love you Peter! I have always been there for you! Why can't you see that we're perfect for each other and not that-that...stupid bitch!" she screamed.

Anger shot through him when she stepped over the line of calling his fiancé a bitch. Their wedding may not be a real thing out of love, but dammit, he wasn't going to let anyone, he cared about, be called a bitch. "That's it. I do not appreciate you calling my fiancé inappropriate names! Please pack your stuff-your service will no longer be needed here. I will send all of the paperwork over to HR and they will handle everything from there," he managed to say calmly without the urge of choking her.

Bethany ran out of the office in tears and rage controlling her mind. Who does this girl thinks she is? She came out of nowhere and next thing she knew they were engaged. "I will make you suffer Georgia Brown," she muttered to herself as she began to pack up her things.

Georgia laid around the apartment after sleeping in. She hopped into the shower and slipped on her workout clothes and headed for the gym. Stepping in the gym had always put her mind into ease. "I love the smell of sweat," she muttered sarcastically, walking towards the treadmill.

"Hello gorgeous," a handsome man approached Georgia as she hopped off of the treadmill. She smiled at him then took a drink of water. "What's your name?" he asked persistently. Georgia sighed and turned to face the man. "Georgia and I'm not interested. Sorry," she stated then grabbed her stuff and left the gym. She should really go to her father's company gym, she thought.

Peter sat in his office restlessly, thinking about Georgia. Giving into his urge, he whipped his phone out and dialed her number. "Hey, how's work going?" she answered. A smiled formed on his face upon hearing her angelic voice. God he was whipped, which is very bad. "Horrible. Just fired my crazy secretary and now I have one more problem of finding a temp," he sighed. Georgia felt bad that he lost a secretary but an idea came up to mind.

Ever since last night, she couldn't stop thinking of him. Last night was the best night she had in a long time. Georgia knew she shouldn't be getting attached, but each passing time they spend together, it was going to be harder than she thought. "How about I'll step in until you find yourself a new secretary? Preferably an older woman," she suggested. Peter smirked couldn't stop himself from making a joke. "Oh, is someone jealous?" he teased.

Georgia scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Nope," she replied popping the word. Peter laughed out loud, shaking his head. "I think someone is," Peter urged. She snorted and replied, "No I am not jealous," she assured him.

"Alright then. You'll be my new temp starting in an hour," he inquired then quickly bidding goodbye before she could disagree. Georgia scowls at her phone in disbelief. For a second she believed he actually stopped being a jerk. "Unbelievable," she groaned, kicking back her covers and trudging towards her closet.