Pain

Pain. Pain was all you felt. Then nothing. Everything went numb, and emotionless. As if all the happiness in the world was sucked out of it. You saw nothing, not the playful bounding of your akita inu dog, who you have had since he was a puppy. You couldn’t feel your body slamming against the asphalt road. You couldn’t hear the sirens going off or the car doors slamming. You were confused but still knew exactly what was happening. Fear crept up your spine and through your veins. You couldn’t see colors, or memories, or even black. All there was, was just a void… an unsettling abyss of nothingness. Your mind was blank. You tried looking around and eventually everything became a bit brighter, except a figure in a dark cloak. Shadows seeped from him, returning to him, and repeating the cycle. It grabbed your hand with a gentleness you could really feel. It felt cold with a firey burn. You could finally see outside of the abyss, but didn’t like it. Nor could you exactly say you were surprised. The figure lifted you up into a stance, and pulled out a scythe. It cut open your body on the ground and took you to higher elevation up through the clouds, but then you began falling. And falling. You stopped when you got to the new floor. It was pastel rainbow colored. A person appeared in front of you, and guided you. You couldn’t tell if they were a man or a woman, but they started speaking in many different languages, occasionally glancing behind themself to look at you.

“How about English, then? Do you speak English?” the person asked curious but slightly annoyed. You perked up, walking straighter.

“Y-yes..” You somehow manage to speak.

“There we go!” they excitedly said. “As you have heard, there is a heaven,” you slouched a bit. “And there is hell.” You perked right up again. “Well, hell is only a myth. Everybody sins, it’s okay.” You both keep walking and they talk about the 7 Houses of Heaven, for each chosen sin.