Chapter 3

The House of Pride was not one to be outdone. The people that lived there strutted with a sense of purpose. There were mirrors that many narcissists were looking into. Men and women complimented each other and returned the compliments. Others were talking over each other about how beautiful they looked. Unlike the other Houses, people noticed you, stating we looked beautiful. Of course, you didn’t believe them, for you had low self esteem. They went back to talking with each other and presenting gifts to one another.

Unfortunately, the House of Envy was just about the opposite of the House of Pride. Everyone there held their most prized possessions, trying to keep them out of reach of others, while also attempting to steal others’ items. They slouched while walking and talked about how they deserve another person’s object more than anyone else did. You narrowed my eyes at how selfish someone could be. “I know I’m selfish but I didn’t know it could be like this.” You muttered to yourself. You passed the people with them glancing your way but looking away seeing you had nothing of importance to them.

The House of Greed was much like the previous, people hoarding their things in their rooms and demanded the best of anything. Some were pleading for something of another, others were denying. There wasn’t much to say about this House, and you kept walking. People also noticed you but ignored you, for you still had nothing of importance to them.

The last House, the House of Acedia, was full of couches and people lazily lounging around, not doing anything in particular. They spoke to each other, watching the tv or some other things to entertain them. It was mostly the other Houses they were watching. You hadn’t seen cameras in the other Houses and you know you would have noticed if there were. Some people were catching up on what their loved ones were doing. They had put no work into what they were doing, and had other things do stuff for them.

The god told you they had to leave, and left you to walk through the houses again. You pondered over my choices and decided you didn’t belong in any one House. You then wondered what you would do, you were sure you couldn’t live between houses. Maybe you could request your own place to live, perhaps you could even make a Hell. You was summoned back to where you met the god, and saw your dog.

“He wanted to be with you,” the god said. You were shocked and they could tell. “All dogs go to heaven, after all. And he,” they gestured to my dog, “thought wherever you were, would be his heaven.”

You couldn’t make out a single sound. Your dog pounced onto you, and licked your face happily. “Am I able to change his form?” You wondered out loud.

“Yes, to anything you would like.” The god said, making you jump as you thought you had said it in your head. You thought for a minute and then he started to shift into a large black wolf dog with soft fur and sharp fangs. His claws grew and his ears changed to wolf ears. A blood red, navy blue collar appeared and you put it on him. A dark purple cloud with a lightning bolt hung on the front with his name, and the same cloud appeared on your wrist. The god looked shocked for once. From his head, out grew horns, and bat-like wings from his shoulder blades. He sat next to your feet, voids for eyes looking into space.

“Thanks!” You cheerfully patted your leg and your now hellhound followed you. You decided to live between the Houses.

Sorry if this wasn't as good as you hoped. Also, if you have found any grammer or spelling wrong, it's because at the last second I tried to change every 'I' to 'you' in order to make it second person.