straight line

imagine being a runway model. You were a professional, you never stumble, but someone just so happen to be there.

"(Y/n)! You're up! " The stage director ushers you forward and you rushed on your heels. You fixed your posture and put on your usual neutral gaze as the director gently pushes you forward.

You walked and swayed your hips to the beat. You felt great but you suddenly met eyes with your ex boyfriend, Vernon. Your eyes widened and you tripped on nothing. The crowd gasped but you were quick to recover, doing a curtsy to lighten up the mood. They eventually laughed as you continued your walk.

When you passed by him, he flashes you an innocent grin and you swore that your knees were about to betray once again.

[ s k i p ෆ╹ .̮ ╹ෆ ]

"What are you doing here? " You tugged him to an empty room, crossing your arms.

Vernon shrugs, hands in his pockets. "I'm here to support my friend."

You felt embarrassed. You thought that he was here to sabotage your walk which made feel even more guilty since you know that he was too nice to do something like that. A reason why you still haven't gotten over him.

"Oh..." You mumble, your cheeks heating up in embarrassment.

"Also," you looked up to see him lock the door. You frowned but Vernon just smiles at you, cupping your cheek.

"To do this."

He smashed his lips on yours and you just sighed in contentment. You didn't even know why you broke it off with him. All you have in mind is how stupid it was.

You pulled away, panting heavily. In the midst of your makeout session, you tore off his hat and he had your hair tie around his wrist. You laughed and placed the hat over his head, before wrapping him in a warm hug.

"That's quite a fall you did there," he mumbles on your shoulder.

You scoffed.

"If you weren't so fucking perfect then I would have walked a straight line."

"So... does this mean that we're back together? " The innocence in his voice made you chuckle, pecking his lips, and nodded. He smiles and kisses you once more before taking your hand and leaving the room.

"Thank you. You won't regret this."

You rolled your eyes. "Don't say that. The only thing I regret is making that stupid decision."

"You had your reason," when he says that, your heart fluttered. Vernon chuckles and adds,

"But you gotta teach my friend, Mingyu, how to walk a runway. He looked constipated!