Chapter Four: Not the same?

(Skylar's POV):

That sound of the constant beeping and watching people be rushed into the emergency room. This waiting was doing my head in, sitting here helpless, clueless of what was going on. I hated this feeling. I pushed the chair against the wall angry before slamming my head into it twice. A few other people waiting looked over at me with different types of looks on their faces. I knew I shouldn't feel this way for Lauren but I couldn't help it. There wasn't anyone else who cared about her, she was alone and I didn't want her to feel that way anymore.

"Lauren Hyten?" One of the doctors appeared suddenly in the doorway.

I looked up admidently and walked along the corridor with them.

"What's the verdict?" I asked shakily knowing if it was something horrible I wouldn't be able to take it.

"She lost a lot of blood and her cheek was almost completely torn from the jaw to her lower eye, and the result of that is that it is going to take a lot of stitches and a lot of healing for it to get better," The doctor said concerned.

"Really?" I sighed in relief that it wasn't worse.

"Actually... Because of the cheek being that bad Lauren won't be able to talk for quite awhile without the stitches removing themselves and if she doesn't treat this cautiously she might ruin the recovery stage," He said warning me.

"Oh..." I mumbled.

"Can I see her?" I added.

"She's not responsive but sure," He said continuing down the hallway. 

I followed him so relived about her, but not being able to hear her speak for god knows how long was scary. I wanted her to know that I was here for her and that I didn't want to leave her side. I had already told her that I loved her, and I'm sure she knew that already. But I wanted the same from her... We stopped outside a dark room only lit by a machine. I saw her, she looked peaceful which almost made me cry in relief. For some reason I was rethinking about seeing her, I thought that she would be in pain. Or was she? I pulled the chair to her bed and glanced at her cheek, I wish I had gotten there sooner... Not that it would've mattered. I grabbed her hand and kissed it smiling hoping that she'd open her eyes at that moment... I loved her, I really did...

(Katie's POV):

I didn't know how long I had been looking at him but I knew it had been awhile. I just felt responsible for what happened , I was surprised he didn't mention it, He knew my brother so I'm sure he knew who our parents where by now, it was strange...

"You're still here, I must be doing alright then," Spencer laughed slightly smiling at me.

"You seemed strangely familiar, maybe that's why." I admitted smiling at his comment.

I watched him as he gave the customer next to me a drink. But suddenly my brother appeared behind the counter.

"What are you doing here Katie?" Ryan asked sounding a little bit annoyed.

"I was waiting to talk to you," I started to say before I was rudely interrupted.

"I'm busy," Ryan said bored of me already. 

I watched him walk away into the backroom. I sighed.

"Hey I'm sure he didn't mean to be rude, hey my shift just finished and well I could use someone to show me around town," Spencer said giving me a friendly smile.

"Sure," I agreed taking his hand he presented to me.

I followed him out into the back as he signed off work. I heard voices coming from the large door that went into the alleyway. One of the voices was so familiar and I automatically knew it was, Blake. I couldn't stop myself from slamming the door open seeing not only Blake but two other men with him. He was taking a small bag of drugs of them.