Chapter One: Start again.

[Blake’s POV]:

I hadn’t spoken to anyone since the fight; still I couldn’t believe what she did to me. I opened up my heart, my life for her. How come she betrayed me then? Why was I thinking about this now anyway? Summer break was just about over and I was starting university, I would never need to see her again. I rubbed my eyes tiredly noticing that it was around midday. I didn’t have much to do anymore since I really didn’t have anyone but Brooke. I threw my pillow across the room angry that I thought about her again. I grabbed my phone off the bedside table and searched through it wanting, no needing someone to take her off my mind.

[Katie’s POV]:

Both Skylar and I looked at each other for a moment before looking at Brooke who seemed to not have moved in days. It was an amazing sunny day and she was so upset.                                                                                                                                            

“Come on gloomy, we want to have fun!” I said bouncing onto my bed next to her.

Brooke didn’t move even though I poked her cheek playfully wanting her to smile.                                                                        

“There’s no use, she’s lifeless.” I muttered sitting on the window seal crossing my arms across my chest, a little bit annoyed at her.

It had been two months since she broke up with Blake and honestly I thought that she had gotten over it. I suppose I couldn’t assume things, because I didn’t know the whole story. Blake had run off before I could confront him and hasn’t spoken or seen any of us since and well Brooke... She hasn’t said much about anything since that night. I let out a large sigh making Skylar give me a ‘be nice’ glance. He had been such a good friend throughout all of this and spent most of his time at my house. I was surprised that my brother hadn’t had one of his lectures; to be honest we had gotten so distant lately. I couldn’t careless of anything he would have to say anyway. This was my life and I wasn’t going to let anyone ruin it.                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“Come on Brooke, life isn’t all about love you know. There is so much more,” Skylar encouraged her grabbing hold of one of her hands and squeezing it tightly.

I couldn’t help smiling seeing Skylar be so supportive. Ever since Lauren and him broke up he had been such a mess and now he was being so nice. It was strange how I felt about Skylar, I’m positive that I liked him a lot more then he liked me. But I knew that I didn’t love him either.                                                                                                                                                

“I’m ruining your summer break aren’t I?” Brooke suddenly mumbled sitting up from my bed.

My eyes lit up automatically seeing her sit. I jumped off the window seal and bounced onto the bed next to her, giving her a huge hug and startling her.                                                                                                                                                                     

“Come on,” I said pulling her out of bed, into Skylar’s and my arms.                                                                                 

“See our family is complete,” I added group hugging them both.

I looked up to see Skylar rolling his eyes deliberately to annoy me. I elbowed him softly in the stomach as he laughed at my reaction.                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

“Where are we going?” Brooke asked.

I smiled at her keeping it a secret.

[Lauren’s POV]:

Nothing, I had completely nothing. I should be in Blake’s arms asleep next to him. It didn’t feel right, someone as perfect as me deserves so much better. I had no one to love me back even though I cared about two people so much. After working so hard for Blake he still didn’t want me. I was so alone. I pulled out my phone and started to look through all the contacts I had. I smiled as it highlighted Skylar’s name. I was about to click it when my phone buzzed. I opened up the unknown message and read it out loud.                                                                                                                                                   

“Hope you die, worthless bitch,” I read.

I was still getting those messages, ever since Blake and I broke up these messages kept coming. There was two days left of summer break. I didn’t like thought of going back, seeing Skylar most likely was going to be scary. I knew he wanted nothing to do with me. I still loved him, I always had. Most people wouldn’t believe me but I left him because he was too good for me. I sighed and lied onto my bed. Skylar had lied here once. I bit my lip hoping that I didn’t cry.

[Skylar’s POV]:

We were at the beach, there weren’t as many people as most people would assume. I looked over to Brooke who didn’t seem to be any happier. Katie skipped along the sand in front of us still herself. She was magical, her bright reddish hair bouncing along as she skipped. I grabbed Brooke’s hand and looked at her; she looked as if she was thinking about something.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

“What’s wrong?” I asked stopping, concerned about her.                                                                                                                            

“We went here for our first official date,” She mumbled getting teary.

Katie stopped and turned back to us. Her mood had suddenly changed hearing Brooke say that.                                                              

“I’m sorry,” Katie said as if she felt guilty.

I pulled her back to me and hugged them both. I wanted everything to get better, everyone to be happy. Why was everything falling apart? I hoped once school came back everything would go back to normal, Brooke having something to take her mind off Blake. I was dreading to see Lauren, knowing that she didn’t want me. I loved her, I always had. Maybe life wasn’t supposed to be so easy for us all... Normal, a word that barely exists.