T W E N T Y

With a tray of four coffees in one hand and a bag of baked goodies in the other, I knock loudly on the studio door. Tyler is the one to open it, his blonde curly hair disheveled like he's been running his hands through it. It must be one of those days. "How's it going?" I ask him, peeking inside to get a glimpse of Beau.

Tyler shakes his head. "Not great, I'll tell Beau you're here." I offer a small smile and a coffee. I've learned not to take Tyler's quiet personality personally - even with the guys, he's a man of few words. Throw in an afternoon of babysitting Jace, and well, who can blame him?

Tyler thanks me for the coffee and heads back into the studio, letting the door close momentarily. When it opens again, Beau's crazy hair and smudged eyeliner greet me instead, turning the corners of my mouth into a big smile. "Long day?" I ask, handing him his coffee and leaning my head against his chest.

He grunts, taking a long sip and reaching into the bag for the food he knows I've brought him.

"You're welcome," I tease, worried about the dark circles under his eyes but deciding not to bring it up.

Beau rolls his eyes and rubs a tattooed hand over his face slowly. "Today sucks - Jace is being an asshole."

I grimace. "When is he not?"

I was hoping for a smile, but his face remains flat as he chews his muffin mechanically, his eyes blank. "If we don't get this shit finished, we'll have a tour with no new music," he stares at the wall behind me and I notice the paleness of his usually tan skin. "That'd be a lame fucking tour,"

"Well, how're you doing? How're the lyrics going?" I lean against the wall and gaze up at him, wishing I could help somehow.

"My lyrics are fine, Jace is the one fucking everything up." Sensing his temper rising, I tilt his chin down towards me.

"Hey, you guys will be great." I promise him softly.

Again, he rubs his palm over his eyes. "Fiona's been up my ass."

"When is she not?" I smirk and kiss Beau lightly on the cheek, feeling his jaw unclench slowly. "I'll let you get back to it, then." I hand him the remaining coffees for Jace and Zach.

Beau lets out a deep sigh. "I'll see you at home?"

Home. I agree and give him a quick hug goodbye before making my way back to my car. Home. I try to remember the last time Beau spent the night in his hotel room, but I come up empty. Ever since we returned from LA a few weeks ago, Beau has been crashing at my apartment. I laugh at the memory of his first visit, how odd it was to see him, the Beau Lewis, in my little living room.

Now, the apartment feels empty when his long limbs aren't dominating my space. I've grown used to his hair tickling me awake in the morning, to sharing my bed and my breakfasts.

Surprisingly, I haven't needed to be the one to ask Beau to stay. The very first night after LA, I had secretly hoped he would. Partly because we'd been drinking wine with dinner and I didn't want him walking by himself, but mostly because after spending a week in a hotel with him... I didn't want him to go.

When I'd thought the night had been winding down, Beau made his way to my bedroom, snuggled under the covers and looked at me as if to say, "Well, what're you waiting for?"

The routine has stayed the same every night since then but even still, there are moments when I can't believe this is my life now, so different from just a few short months ago. I turn into the coffee shop parking lot, in the space specifically designated for the apartment renter.