Chapter 8

"Bullshit" Ryan said, crawling out of bed and pulling a white t-shirt over his head. "Thats complete bullshit"

I groaned and leaned my head back against the wall.

"yes" I said slowly "i am"

Ryan began pacing the end of the bed, hands behind his back

"This isnt possible" he muttered "Its not"

I sighed, unfolding myself from the chair and standing up. I watched as Ryan's gaze slid from my head, down my body and back up again.

"When?" He asked "When did this happen?"

I bit my lip, tears brimming in my eyes.

"The night of your party" I said "After i ran out, Greta and i were walking down a back ally to get home..."

"And?" Ryan prompted as i trailed off

"And thats when i met Brett" I finished 

"Brett?" Ryan snapped, his eyes blazing "You mean Mr.Asher?"

I nodded 

"He turned me" I whispered "And Greta"

Ryan's pacing turned violent when without warning he turned and slammed his fist into the wall. I was surprised when the wall actually gave way.

"That son of a bitch" He yelled "Is that why your with him?"

I nodded again

"He forces me to be his mate" I said

Ryan's jaw dropped

"Mate?" He asked "You mean you.."

"Yes" I said "I had no choice"

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN YOU HAD NO CHOICE?" Ryan yelled "YOUR A FUCKING VAMPIRE! JUST SNAP HIS NECK AND RUN!"

"And then what?" I cried "We are undead! he will come around in under half an hour and track me down! I will be dead before i can even get out of town!"

"What about Greta?" Ryan asked "Doesnt she want out?"

I shook my head

"Shes happy" I said "She had embraced her predator side"

"And you havent?" Ryan asked

I shrugged

"I try to maintain control" I told him "But its hard, esspecailly when im upset"

Ryan, who was pacing again, paused 

"That night when i found that guy in the ally" He whispered "The one with the ripped up neck. You were there"

"I was upset" I said, my voice flat "Brett had made me break it off with you. He was an easy victim, i stopped before i could kill him. I just couldnt do it, and then you were there and it was just horrible"

"Have you killed?" Ryan asked, his expression was blank but i knew that there was much more going on under the surface.

"Im a vampire" I told him "All vampires kill at least once"

"How many times?" Ryan asked

I turned away from him, unable to face him anymore.

"Six" I said "But i have had a few close calls"

Behind me, i could hear Ryan's breathing. I could practically here the wheels turning in his head. I was just waiting for him to snap and for him to tell me he hated me.

I was surprised when i felt his hand on my shoulder, gently turning me around.

"Im sorry" He said, his face sad "Im so sorry that this happened to you"

I smiled, Ryan blinked in amazment as he took in my perfect white teeth.

"If it werent for Brett, i would be happy" I said "Im finally beautifal, people wish they were me. You have no idea what i would give to look like this but just be a regular teenage girl"

Hesitantly, Ryan reached up to touch my face. I stayed very still, careful not to make any sudden movements and frighten him. I sighed and leaned into his touch when he touched my face.

"Why did you try to kill me?" He whispered, my heart fell to the floor, tears filled my eyes again

"Because he ordered me to" I sobbed "He said if i didnt do it that he would and that he wouldnt be so gentle. I couldnt let him do that to you, let him torture you. I was going to make it fast and painless, but then you said my name...and...and  i just couldnt do it"

"Why?" Ryan asked "Why couldnt you do it"

I looked up at him and hesitated

"Because i love you" I finally whispered

Ryan's expression was blank as his eyes searched mine. 

"I love you to" He said 

And then he kissed me.

Even with my vampire brain i was still dumb struck. Ryan was kissing me? He loved me? he was kissing me! I fisted my hands into his hair and pulled him close to me. Ryan winced but chuckled.

"Your strong" He murmered as i quikly released him and shoved my hands behind my back.

"Sorry" I whispered, Ryan grinned

"Dont worry about it" He said "Soon you wont be the only one with a little muscle on their side"

My eyes darted up to his face in surprise

"What?" I asked, completely confused.

Ryan stepped close again, putting a hand on either side of my head. He looked into my eyes seriously.

"I want you to make me a vampire" He said