5

Round and round
Up and down
Twirling on the
Merry go round

Will she fly?
Will she fall?
Is she even
There at all?

"Muuuuum!" I call around the house. No reply. "Eeeeemmmmm!" I stomp up the stairs making as much noise as possible "Emilyyyyyy!" I flop onto the top step with my hands on my legs; knees together, feet apart.

"No one's home?" Katie says, amused.

"Unless you can see an invisible family, then no. They're probably at netball for Em."

"Fair enough." Katie stands up, sitting on the bottom step. "Let's play a game."

I pick at my thumbnail "Game?"

"Yeah," she says "it's a yes or no game. We ask each other questions. Every time you answer yes, you move one step closer to the middle. Whoever gets there first has to be the others slave this weekend. Both days."

"Sounds intriguing. Let's do it. You start."

"Who was your first crush and did they know?"

Jennifer Statson "This guy in year 2, Noah. I never told him," I stayed firmly planted on my step "my turn. Have you ever kissed a girl?"

She laughs, and I feel like a fool. Until she says she used to do it all the time, "the last time I kissed anyone was a year ago. Boy named Jared. He was my first boyfriend." She smiles a little at the thought before looking down and running her hand through her hair "God I miss him."

"What happened?"

"He got into a fight with his dad. Apparently he didn't want his son dating 'some emo dyke'. Blunt force trauma. Dad hit him on the head with a metal pool cue, he passed out and never woke back up."

oh.

She looks up, smiling, tears in her eyes, and moves up a step. "You ever kiss a girl?"

Yes "No." I say

"Boring." She says, winking
~
Hey guys! Another chapter, yay. Tell me your thoughts, and send me in questions for them to ask each other, basically just questions you wanna ask them. If you read the chapter, just say a topic in the comments and I'll make a question out of it.

Thanks my lovelies xx
(I sound way too cheery in these wtf)