Chapter 33

Gabby's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, my head was pounding a steady beat. I was in the hospital, I saw a blurry figure at my bedside and then I remember that I was with Lexi. My eyes adjusted and I saw Lexi sitting there, one hand she held her phone the other holding mine. I went to say something but nothing came out, my throat felt like sandpaper so I gave her hand a squeeze to show I was awake. Her eyes snapped to mine and let out a breath of relief. I pointed to the water bottle sitting by my bag, she got the message and held the water bottle up to my mouth, after removed the bottle I cleared my throat "Where's everybody?" I asked. "You passed out when we were about to board the bus to eat with the team," she said. "How long was I out for?" I asked. "All night. It's about ten o'clock now" she said. "Where are my moms?" I asked. "They are getting some food, you really scared us," she said. "How long would I have to stay here?" I asked trying to sit up but Lexi stopped me. "Yeah nope, you have 2 broken ribs and a moderate concussion," said Lex. "Why didn't you say something?" She asked. "I'm sorry," I said. "Don't apologize," said Lex kissing my forehead. "They said we can go home tomorrow and you have to rest, the first two weeks are the worse," said Lex. "I'll be fine," I said smiling. "No, you're resting this two weeks got it?" She asked and I nodded her phone buzzed "The girls say hi," said Lex. "Tell them to be safe," I say and she nodded.

My moms came in with some food and brought some for Lex too. My moms shared the bed next to mine while Lexi got in bed with me. "What do you want to watch?" She asked. "Cameron let me borrow her laptop," she said. "Let's watch the beauty and beast," I said. "Sure," she said. "Belle reminds me of you," I said making her blush. "And you're the beast?" She asked laughing. "We both know I can be a beast when I want to," I said smirking. "Babe," she said and I kissed her. But then we were rudely interrupted by my mom. "Gabby you know we're still here and I love you, but I don't want to know about my daughter being a beast," she said and I started blushing hard and Lexi was laughing her ass off with my moms. "Go to sleep, you need rest," said Lexi rubbing my back.

Lexi's POV

Gabby fell asleep but I couldn't, I'm afraid something is going to happen if I close my eyes and I'm not the only one. I looked over at her moms' bed and Marsha is up playing with Kathy's hair, when she noticed I'm looking at her she smiled. "I'm here, get some rest," Marsha said and I shook my head. "I can't," I said and she smiled. "Thank you for caring this much about my daughter," she said. "I'm happy she has you," she said making me smile. "I'm the lucky one," I said. "What do you mean?" She asked. "Gabby was the one that saved me from becoming into one of those rich brats," I said. "That bad huh?" She asked and I nodded. "My ex Holly, she was dating me for my money," I said. "We dated for 3 years, she even proposed and I was so blindly in love with her that I said yes, I loved her so much that know that I think back it scares me," I said looking at my hands. "Everyone warned me, they saw right through her but I guess love does really blind you," I said. "We even had a date and everything for the wedding, she had it all planned and I was so happy, but nothing always goes as planned in my case I wanted to surprise her three days before our wedding," I said and she was just looking at me. "She loves Justin Bieber, so I hired him to give her a little concert in my house, I went to pick her up and the door was locked but I knew where hides it so I opened it and went into her room," I said and she grabbed her hand in mine, I don't even know when she got so close. "I saw her in bed naked with this other dude, she told me it was her cousin but that was a lie too. She wasn't even gay at all," I said. "I don't know how I missed the signs, she was mean and never wanted to do anything I wanted," I said. "I remember that I wanted to go to Whitehaven beach and have a picnic there, but she hated the beach so I never got the chance to go," I said. "She made me feel worthless and like no one was ever going to be able to love me," I said in between tears and she wrapped me in her arms. "But your daughter changed everything, she makes me feel like I'm the only one in this world, she makes me feel like I'm a goddess and doesn't care about my money or that I'm a model she doesn't care about any of that, she sees me as myself. As Lexi her teammate and partner and this time I'm not scared even though the love I feel is bigger than the one I felt for Holly, it doesn't scare me," I said smiling and she wiped my tears. "The moment my daughter made you her girlfriend you became my daughter and I promise that Gabby won't ever hurt you like herself because I promise you I'll make her regret ever hurting you," she said and I smiled. "Thank you, Marsha," I said. "Anytime sweetie," she said.