chapter five: Questions

I know that figure anywhere. Those broad shoulders and slim waist, the outline his sharp tailor made suits cast.
He never said much, but always had someone around to speak to. He never drank but clenched his fist around a half full  shot glass.

I was use to seeing him sporadically.
I just wasn't expecting him to come back here to me on his own.  Hell, he didn't seem like a man you would find hanging out at the bar of a gentlemen's club on a weekly basis but he's been around for a while now. 

I didn't have to tell him what to do, he just sat in the chair of the dim lit private room, quietly. 
Even with just the colored stage lights on you could see how bright his blue eyes were.  It was unnerving- unnatural , really. 
No one had eyes as icy as his in real life.

"Your shirt." He rasps ,his voice was like rough  sex, deep and scratchy ,raking through my ears. 
I loved it.
He set the neatly folded shirt down ,I unfolded it and hugged it to my chest inhaling its scent - mm , it smells faintly of him and cigarette smoke. His eyes were like a hawks ,following my every move, even as he pulled out a cigarette and a match he didn't take his eyes off me. 
Re-folding the shirt, I climbed up on stage ,rounding the pole a few times before dropping to my knees, getting a feel of the atmosphere around us.

A faster, pop/techno song was playing in the background and I rocked my hips with the beat.
The lights flashed on and off in quick bursts, my skin heated up and a light sheet of sweat  coated me, glistening in the  light. He took deep drags of his cigarette, the scent burning my lungs but I carried on.

As per usual I got lost in the music, my body swayed without my direction and the pole was my only anchor. The lights flashed purple as the song sped up.

My hair stuck to my forehead and I pushed it away ,just as the song slowed down again, threatening to end.
Prince began to blast through the speakers, I easily transitioned, leaning against the pole and sliding down its length. I came to a crouch before the mysterious man, he leaned forward as I crawled to him.

He reached our for me, I paused, taking a deep breath once his huge, rough hand made contact with my cheek.
Absently, I turned my face into his palm and kissed it, enjoying the feel of each callous as my lips presses against them.
"So gorgeous." He murmured.
His eyes moved to my lips on his skin then back to mine.
"Who are you?" I asked him. His handsome,  stoic face dropped for a second and a half and all contact his skin made with mine vanished as he quickly stood and walked away.  I found myself scrambling after him.

My heels were nine inch long stalks, and falling in them would break something of mine, but I had to get to him and taking them off would waste time.
"Fuck." I hissed as I tripped into the exit he went out.

The night air gave me goosebumps and I had to stop and catch my breath before I spotted him ,tossing his half smoked cigarette in the street.
I jogged carefully to him ,knowing he was ignoring me but I was determined  to reach him, I grabbed his blazer and yanked it.
He turned around, eyes blazing.
"Why'd you leave? "

He narrowed his eyes at me and I reciprocated the look. He didn't like that obviously and jerked away from me, taking long strides the other direction. I followed  his every move until he growled.
"Go away."
"No."
He whipped around." No? "
"No. These are my legs, they will take me wherever I please, and  apparently, I want to follow you.  "
"I'm jumping off a cliff." He countered.
"I'll follow you there... then  watch you leap ."
His lips twitched.
"Will you answer my questions if I make you laugh? "
He scoffed." Yes."
"Fuck that. You're just going to answer my questions. Or I'll stab you."
He chuckled deeply at that.  "You'll stab me? "
"Yes. And now you have to answer my questions.  I made you laugh."