prologue: the Angel and the Demon

She had almond shaped eyes, ordinary ones, a brown the color of wet cinnamon, the kind that needed mascara to pop for you to really notice them. She had a cute little nose, it was straight and round at the tip. She had a mouth the shape of a heart, her top lip was fuller than the bottom lip that gave that effect. Her skin was peachy ,not too pink but not pale nor browned either. She had a flat mole on her cheek I loved to kiss.

She had a rather long face with quite the sharp chin and her hair was long, down past her shoulders, it was a bark brown with natural lighter brown highlights.

All in all her looks weren't all that special.

Men went for her body, before I claimed her for her brain and that sassy mouth of hers.

Though, her body was perfect, curving in the right places , she wasn't really a girl.

Her name is Stephen, but she prefers Stephaney ,I call her my Angel.

Right now she's laying in my arms.

Bleeding from her mouth and ears.

Dying because I loved her too much to leave her be.

I smile at her and she blinks back, eyes losing life ,tears falling slowly down the sides of her face.

I rub her cheek then kiss that pretty mole there.

Her skin is pale and cold.

I couldn't watch her die anymore.

I laid her back down on our bed where I came home to find her.

I pull my gun from between my skin and belt, I cock it and look down at her, my breathing stuttering and my heart tearing itself in two.

I was so heartless before.

Just a vessel trained to kill.

She gave me life.

I swear I see her smirking at me as she lifts a shaking hand to her chest, her manicured finger pointed to where her heart would lay.

" Tu nu ar trebui să iubesc îngerul atunci când ești demonul (1). "

I pressed the gun there and shut my eyes as I pulled the trigger.

She died instantly.

a.n.

the language spoken in this story is Romanian.

(1) you shouldn't love the angel when you're the demon.