Chapter 4- 𝙱𝚛𝚘𝚌𝚌𝚘𝚕𝚒 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎 𝙱𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢𝚜

"My motivation may seem trivial compared to yours, but I can't lose either. I have to live up to those who have supported me." - Midoriya Izuku
~~~~

(Reader P.O.V)

     Its been about two weeks since Dad was rushed to the hospital. The gastrectomy went well with no complications. He goes back for a checkup once a week to monitor his condition. You would think I see him a lot more considering he just had surgery, but it's the exact opposite. He has been pushing himself to the point where most days he comes home and crashes on the couch.

It didn't take long for me to notice that he's trying to prove to himself that he can still be like he once was. Sadly, that isn't the reality of the matter. His passion and drive were higher than ever, but his body couldn't keep up. I just hope he realizes soon and slows down.

Still, like every human he has his days. Sometimes, at night, I stand outside his door and listen to him cry softly. I couldn't even imagine the pain he must feel physically right now. Of course, mentally too, I mean how couldn't he? Millions depend and look up to him. He's the symbol of peace after all. He must know better than anyone that being at the top comes with great responsibility.

After a bit of thought, I figured that a little fresh air would do me good. I've been lounging around inside this house for far too long. Since dad was currently out I left him a note to explain I was going out to explore with friends. It wasn't the full truth but it wasn't a complete lie either. I was never the one make friends easily, but worrying dad about my lack to would do no good. I don't need them anyway, they disappoint me.

I wondered around for a bit trying to find something to ease my rising boredom. I would occasionally stop to look through windows at things on display or people watch. This routine continued until I stumbled upon the entrance of a forest. Seeing as I had nothing else to do I entered.

It wasn't long before entering I heard a commotion. Being myself I followed it only to find Midoriya Izuku and Bakugo Katsuki. I stood in shock at seeing them in the flesh as they continued to argue.

"L- leave him alone, Kacchan!"

A young Midoriya stood in front of another victim of Bakugo's ruthless bullying.

"Tch, and what are you going to do, Deku?"

He smiled cockily at a shaking Midoriya. Bakugo took a step forward and raised his hand. His quirk was activated and he was ready to use it.

I forced myself to act and yelled,

"S-stop!"

They all turned their attention to me in a split second. I briefly made eye contact with Midoriya. His eyes were filled with overwhelming fear. It was sick to think that a small child could even make a face like that.

"Who the hell are you? Well no matter, you obviously need to be taught a lesson as well. We got this boss!"

I shook in fear as Bakugo's gang approached me, each of them equipped with their quirks.

"Stop it you idiots, that's All's Might daughter!"

Bakugo quickly grasped them and pulled them back. He looked at a still shaken Midoriya and me.

"You got lucky this time, Deku. But don't think this is over! And you, chubbs, don't even think about telling your dad!"

Bakugo and his gang left the scene quickly.

After they left I fell to my knees. Midoriya quickly came over while the other boy scampered off.

"A-are you ok? I'm so sorry, it's all my f-fault. If only I were braver I could have told Kacchan to leave you alone! I-I'm pathetic."

I looked up at his tearful face and shook my head.

"Don't ever say that. What you did just now, defending a complete stranger, was one of the bravest things you could do. You're in no way, shape, or form pathetic. You're a hero, Mi-"

I caught myself before I could say his name. However, it seems like he didn't catch my slip up. His eyes were wide open as he mumbled out,

"A hero?"

"Yeah, a hero."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First off, I would like to say sorry for the wait. I've been fairly busy lately and found it hard to find time to write. I sincerely apologize for my absence these past weeks. Right! Now that's out the way I hope everyone is doing well. I'm sure all of our lives have been quite shaken up with the world being on lockdown. Please stay safe and sustain from going out unless you have to! Make sure to comment as I love to engage with my readers. I love you all and stay safe! -Fandom <3