Chapter 14- First Day at U.A.|| Pt. 2

"If you wanna stop this, then stand up. Because I've got one thing to say to you. Never forget who you want to become!" - Shoto Todoroki
~~~

(Reader P.O.V)

The crowd of familiar faces scrambled towards us, eager to meet All Might's one and only daughter. I stole a furtive glance at Izuku. He was acting just as I anticipated.

The freckled face boy was shuffling his feet nervously and trying to avoid looking at the approaching group's delighted smiles. I patted his shoulder in an attempt to soothe his anxious movements.

"Remember, Izu, we do this together. Like we always have." I whispered. He nodded shakingly and gave my hand a light squeeze.

"You're right. Thank you, Y/N." He responded in an equally hushed voice.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you! I know this is a bit rude, but you have to tell us all about All Might! Pleaseee!" The words spilled from the mauvelous tinted girl's mouth, which formed an enthusiastic grin.

I turned my attention to Mina, contemplating how to answer.

"U-um, well he's just as you expect. He is n- "

"Tch. Chubb's dad has to hate her. She's just a quirkless loser. If All Might could abandon her without facing backlash he would."

My brief stammers were cut short by Katsuki's harsh words. The loud chatter of the room lowered into low murmurs from the revelation.

"Quirk...less?" The word sounded from somewhere in the middle of the crowd of students. It was as if the word was forbidden, or rather unheard of in U.A. Since they removed the rule of having quirks be required no one without one ever made it far.

They were considered fools. Quirkless fools. In today's world, it was wrong to have a dream and chase it with people who were dealt better cards than you. To be quirkless was to essentially be labeled as a reject. The feeble remainders of a society that's filled with powers that were once only in a comic book.

"And so what?" I challenged, locking eyes with his vermillion ones.

A scowl made its way to his face as he rose from his seat. The crowd split as he made his way to me.

"So what?" He cackled, amusement and a touch of venom laced in.

"It means that you'll never make it. You and that shitty Deku." He cut his eyes at Izu who just avoided his gaze.

He smirked at our silence and went to walk back to his seat.

I swallowed thickly and glimpsed at my classmates. They stood awkwardly, unsure how to cut through the thick atmosphere.

'If I back down I would be saying that just because I'm quirkless that I don't deserve this. That everyone before me and after me who is quirkless can't become a hero!'

"Stop." I cut my eyes at the back of his head and watched him turn back.

"You know what, Katsuki. I'll make you eat those words."

"You rea-" I cut him off before he could continue.

"It may sound foolish, but I have a dream too. I want to become a hero!"

The sound of clapping flooded the otherwise silent room. Katsuki fully approached me, this time leveling our eyes. He brought his hands up to my face before doing a final clap.

"You think having a dream is enough to become a hero? A lousy fantasy will get you nowhere."

"You're right, but I have the determination to back it up too. I'm going to knock you on your ass, Katsuki."

With furrowed brows and clenched jaw, I took a step closer to him. He shrunk back away from me, amusement lighting up his features. He turned to the class and announced his thoughts.

"Fine. I'll let you try, but only so I get to be the one to destroy your dream, little miss rival."

"That's enough. Everyone take your seats." A familiar voice sounded from the doorway.

As the class scrambled to their seats Uncle Aizawa went to lazily sit at his desk. A moment of silence passed as he stared intently at us, mainly Katsuki and me.

He then went on to tell us about the Quirk Apprehension Test. As it happened in the anime, everyone was surprised we wouldn't be joining the other classes.

~Time Skip~

Seven out of eight tests completed. From the grip test to the 50-meter dash all my results were mediocre at best. The ball throw test was completed by everyone except me as of right now. Just a few moments ago Izuku did his miraculous stunt, sending Katsuki into an enraged rant. He couldn't believe that he had a quirk and had to be restrained.

"You're up next, Y/N." Aizawa drawled out, rubbing his irritated eyes.

'Think, Y/N, think! What can I do? I want at least one amazing score on a test."

Then it hit me. My hand traveled down to my holster, feeling the gun Eito enchanted. I grabbed it and filled it with red bullets.

'Time to make an explosion!'

I threw the ball into the air and lined up my shot, pulling the trigger. The ball that was once rapidly falling was sent back soaring into the sky. The explosion was bigger than I initially thought, the after blast nearly sending the class to the ground.

"753.2 meters."

'Fuck, Eito didn't tell me they were this strong! I beat everyone but Uraraka!'

The group ignited with shocked chatter and formed a circle around me.

"How did you do that? What type of gun is that?"

"One question at a time, please! I just had a little help from... a friend. An old in terms of age, sometimes suspicious, friend."

~~~~

A rivalry with an old friend? A beginning of a new, eventful school year? Trying to prove that being quirkless can't stop you from being a hero? Y/N has her work cut out for her! I wonder what will happen next... Anyway, thank you all for reading! This has been a long time coming... like months... Sorry! Just know that it wasn't due to procrastination! I love you guys and have a good day/night! ~ Fandom <3