Chapter 12- The Reluctant Hero, Y/N

"I break...and break myself... Even if it means twisting myself, I'll win the way I choose." - Bakugo Katsuki
~~~~

(Reader P.O.V)

"Here, kiddo, take this."

I peered down at the weapon that now laid in my open palms. A Glock 17 along with multi-colored bullets in a clear case rested in my grasp. I observed the way the sun bounced off the gun before forming a response.

"Umm, explain?"

Eito crossed his wrinkly arms and met my confused gaze. His wrinkly eyes scrunching mischievously.

"Hohoho, well, I got to thinking. You got the physical training down, but you lacked a weapon. I decided to do some enchanting, and here we are."

I nodded slowly at his explanation, now more concerned than confused. First of all, how did this man acquire a Glock, let alone conceal it long enough to give it to me? What disturbing thoughts must dwell behind those orbs. As if reading my mind, he leaned in and resorted to a hushed tone.

"Listen. I got connections, but you didn't hear that from me."

"Uh-huh. Well," I glanced down at the colorful bullets in my grasp, "what does each bullet do?"

Eito took the clear case and held up each individual color. He began explaining each color in great detail. From what I gathered, red causes an explosion, pink is a healing bullet, and green was poison. Lastly, a white shell was like a regular bullet but wasn't capable of killing an adversary.

"That's awesome! Thank you so much, Eito. While this does seem somewhat illegal, I'll take it!"

I gave the man a quick hug before glancing down at my watch. It was about time to head to UA for the exam.

"I see that you got to be going, but you should also take this."

Eito handed me a holster with a pocket for the bullets on my non-dominant side. I nodded gratefully at him before making my way out of his hospital room.

'Well, here I am. After so many years, I'll finally be following the main plot. It's a frightening feeling to know that I knew how things would turn out. I mean, I could prevent deaths and save families from heartache. Still, will I have the courage to do so?'

Similar thoughts plagued my mind up until I arrived at my destination. I did a once over of myself and marched forward. My confidence was fake, but it enabled me to trick myself, even if for a moment. At some point though, it would become real.

With this reassurance, I allowed myself to focus on the current task at hand. I followed the wave of students to a presentation led by Present Mic. There was no sight of Izuku anywhere, but it was understandable to separate us. I looked back at the pro hero. He was just as loud as you imagined he would be. Still, his radiant disposition reassured my anxious feelings considerably. I tuned in to his closing words, now giving my full attention. Afterward, all of the test takers gathered outside.

Present Mic's booming voice ranged out for all to hear.

"Now get out there and seize the day! Your future is in your own hands! So, GO!"

I wasted no time breaking out the sea of people, trying to find a bot in the city landscape. All around, the sounds of quirks and crashing of metal clashed to form a turbulent song. The sudden sound of heavy stomping alerted me to a robot. I quickly ducked into an alleyway and watched as it walked past. I retrieved my gun and loaded it with red bullets. Through my observation, I was able to see a plate on the back of its head.

'That has to be where all the wires are. Maybe if I ...'

I aimed at the grey piece and took a deep breath. It was now or never. I squeezed the trigger quickly and watched it fly towards the plate. Upon impact, it created a huge explosion. The robot movements became inconsistent before it started to tip forward. I study the now deactivated robot momentarily before running to find another one. After all, this wouldn't cut it.

More time passed, and I had obtained nearly enough points by taking out small-time robots. Even with this being the case, robots were becoming scarce, and time was ticking. I advanced back to the main area, hoping to find a couple of wondering robots. Unfortunately, I encountered something much, much worse.

A zero pointer was nearing a boy cowering in a corner. I looked around seeing if anyone was near to help. It appeared everyone who witnessed it nearing fled the scene.

'It's up to me, but what if I can't defeat it?'

I stood frozen in place, staring at the fear-stricken boy. His pink eyes were clouded with tears as he watched it near. A few feet to his right laid a staff of some sort. It was out of his reach, and the zero pointer was fast approaching. He then shifted his wide eyes at me. They held fear and screamed, "Help me." I bit my lip as tears settled in my own eyes.

'Could I live with myself if I let him die?'

That deafening thought allowed me to gain control because I knew... I couldn't. I aimed shakily at the zero pointer and pressed the trigger. The shell lodged itself between an opening in its arm. It blew the limb off, but the robot was still active. It stumbled unevenly towards me as I readied another bullet. I shot at it repeatedly, and ultimately it went down. The only problem? It was now falling towards me at an accelerated pace.

I tried to run but realized I was trapped in an alleyway. I desperately searched for an exit but couldn't find one. My eyes widen at the realization that I would be crushed.

'No, please no. I don't want to die like this!'

I closed my eyes and waited for the resulting impact. It took me back to the moment all those years ago when I should have returned to the earth. Much like that incident, I didn't feel an impact. Instead, a shaky voice called out.

"M-magic spell, RAPID SHRINKAGE!"

I watched through my lashes at the sight before me. The zero pointer was beginning to shrink until it was the size of a small figurine. I shook my head in disbelief and looked at the pink eye boy. He approached the small robot and picked it up.

He glanced between the object and me before offering his other hand to me. I accepted the offer and got up on wobbly legs. He shyly smiled and ruffled his rust-colored hair.

"T-thank you. You saved my life back there, but I guess I returned the favor, h-huh?"

"Yeah. Some day this was."

I smiled shakily, still processing the events that took place. Our conversation was then cut short by Present Mic telling us the time is up. We walked back together and then went our separate ways. Just before parting, we wished each other good luck and told our names. I looked at the miniature robot that he gave me afterward.

'So that boy is named Shirou, huh? I'll never forget you.'

~~~~
Sorry for the long wait guys! Hopefully, this chapter was good since I'm not use to writing action and stuff! Also, thank you for all the support this book has received. I truly appreciate each and every one of you. Have a good day/night and I love you all! ~ Fandom