Chapter 9

"Scientists say that somewhere in the universe, every event under the sun repeats itself an infinite number of times in every possible variation."― Romina Russell

xxxxxx

They landed on the ground and Lauren could immediately feel the heat. She looked around and saw Christina next to her, pushing herself up and studying their surroundings. It turns out the pocket dimension was a desert, high rock formations in the distance and a lake of what looked like lava. The sky was red and there was a burning sun in the middle of the sky. 'This is nice.' Lauren said. Christina turned to her, angry.

'Why did you do that?' She asked as they both got to their feet.

'I'm not going to let him kill you Christina.' Lauren said firmly.

'How do we know the prophecy will even work from this dimension?' Christina asked. 'It might have all been over.'

'And what if it's not? Then he's got exactly what he wants. One dead witch and the power to raise an army.' Christina rubbed her eyes and looked around them once more.

'Okay, fine.' She sighed. 'We can't think about that now anyway, we need to get out of here.'

'Any ideas?' Lauren asked.

'No.' Christina confirmed.

'And what happened to Lucifer?' Lauren asked.

'I'm sure he's around here somewhere.' Christina said. 'Come on.' She started walking.

'Where are we going?' Lauren asked, falling in step beside her.

'I have no idea.' Christina admitted. 'But I don't know how safe we'll be out in the open.' She took off her jacket as the heat took over.

'Chris, your wrist.' Lauren remembered the fiery rope and saw the burn mark.

'It's fine.' Christina looked at it. 'It actually hurts a little less down here. We need to be prepared for our powers to go down too. And let me know if you start feeling weird.'

'You too.' Lauren said, nodding as they walked towards the rock face.

xxxxxx

Dani pushed open the front door and burst into the house, her other sisters following her. 'Okay, we need another plan. Fast.' She said, throwing her coat down on the sofa.

'Lise.' Katherine said, turning to her. 'What was Perdition like, how long do you think we have?'

'It sucked.' Lisa said. 'Our powers went funky and it would have eventually drained our life force if we'd been there for any length of time.'

'So, the sooner we get them out the better.'

'I think that should be our rule for other dimensions in general.' Amy said.

'We need to open a gateway.' Lisa said.

'The last time we did that a demon had to help us.' Dani reminded them.

'Do you think they'll use their beams to try and blast their way out? Like you and Chris did?' Katherine asked.

'Probably, knowing Chris. She'll be pissed off at Lauren for going with her as well.' Lisa said.

'Christina must have assumed that the prophecy wouldn't work in the pocket dimension, it's why she said it was okay, that we should let her go.' Katherine said.

'And Lauren didn't agree.' Dani added. 'Which is why she went with her.'

'Our sisters are idiots.' Lisa said.