-7-

Kokichi had gotten his cast off after a couple of days because he healed faster than Mikan had predicted. "It's finally off!" Kokichi said leaning onto Shuichi for dramatic effect." "I'm glad," Shuichi said rustling his hair making him flush.

"Hey, Kokichi and Shuichi!" Kaede yelled making the couple turn around. "Yeah?" Kokichi asked dropping Shuichi's hand making him frown. "I'm having a party on Friday and I wanted both of you to come!" She said smiling at them. "I'll have to check my schedule...but I will let you know," Shuichi said giving Kaede a small hug before they parted ways.

.   .   . 

"Kokichi, would you like to go?" Shuichi asked as Kokichi sat in a chair in the living room of Shuichi's apartment. "Yeah..." He said shyly. He didn't want to go...but he didn't want Shuichi to have to be away from his friends because of him... "Kokichi, you don't just have to say that because you think that's what I want...I want to know if you want to go." He put his hand on Kokichi's shoulder letting it move to rub his arm. "I want to go. I think it could be fun." Kokichi said putting his hands in his lap. 

"Ok, but remember if you want to leave at any time." Shuichi held his face in his hands. "I understand...thank you, for doing all of this for me..." Kokichi whispered. "Of course Kokichi." He said kissing him on the forehead again. Kokichi flinched and pulled back making Shuichi look at him confused. "Sorry I shouldn't have done that..." He started only to be cut off by Kokichi.

"That's not it Shuichi!" He yelled making Shuichi's eyes go wide. "Sorry-" "Stop messing with me!" Kokichi yelled making Shuichi move towards him concerned. "Stop pretending and messing with my feelings!" Kokichi paused for a moment to let a tear roll down his cheek. "Friends don't do these kind of things together! Kissing me on the forehead, holding my hand, and giving me all of this affection! What do you want us to be?! I'm tired of being confused!" Kokichi was cut off by Shuichi putting his lips on his. 

Kokichi blushed flinching at the sudden contact before he calmed down and kissed him back. They kissed each other passionately showing the other all of their feelings through the kiss. Shuichi pushed Kokichi farther into the seat sitting on his lap. "I love you...a lot...but I was worried I would scare you away if I told you my feelings..." Shuichi whispered into Kokichi's ear making him shudder. "I love you too...in case you couldn't tell..." He whispered back pulling him in for another kiss.

.   .   .

"Kokichi? Kokichi? Are you here?" Shuichi asked walking around the house trying to find the boy he was so fond of. "Koki-" He was cut off by small snores coming from the couch. He walked over and saw Kokichi sleeping on the couch clinging onto a blanket. He smiled to himself gushing over how cute the smaller male was. He looked over at the clock and it was pretty late, so after internally debating what he should do with Kokichi he picked him up and brought him to his bedroom. He tucked him in and placed a soft kiss on his forehead. "I love you Kokichi." 

Shuichi went to go to his own room only to feel his hand was grabbed. Kokichi who was now standing behind Shuichi was holding onto Shuichi's hand. "I don't w...ant to b...e a...lo...ne..." He whispered moving closer to bury his face into Shuichi's neck. Shuichi giggled and walked him to his room. "Ok, Kokichi...you can sleep with me tonight." He said into his ear keeping his voice hushed. "I l....ove....y..ou...S....hu," Kokichi said before he fell asleep right when he hit the sheets.

Shuichi smiled and moved his arms around the smaller male pulling him closer to him. Kokichi soon latched onto him nuzzling closer into his chest with a sigh. "You are so cute Koki..." Shuichi said to himself before he fell asleep.

.   .   .

Shuichi woke up first and jumped when he felt something moving next to him. He quickly remembered what happened the day before and smiled. Placing another kiss onto his forehead. "Kokichi~," Shuichi said moving his hand to caress his cheek trying to wake him up. "Shu..." Shuichi moved his hands to his hair and patted his hair making him slowly start to shuffle around the bed. "Shu, what is..." He said trailing off making Shuichi laugh more at how disoriented he was this early in the morning. 

"We have to get up." He said taking another quick glance at the clock. "Kokichi..." He said slowly pulling away only making Kokichi hold onto him with more of a death grip. "But, do we have to..." He said taking in Shuichi's scent calming down again as his eyes slid closed. "Yeah, we have to get ready for school, remember." He said letting his finger run over his eyelids before he got out of his grip and went downstairs to make breakfast. "But, Shu..." Kokichi said with a groan before slowly getting out of the bed and going to his room to change.

"I slept in Shuichi's room...I slept in his room?!" He screamed to himself in his room now fully awake. A blush came to his face as he tried to calm down as he took a shower, got changed, and then fixed his hair. 

"Hey, Shuichi," Kokichi sat at the table with a smile staring at his new boyfriend. Wait, are we even boyfriends? Had we made it official...Should I ask him? Kokichi thought to himself. "Here you go Koki." He said trying out the nickname. When he saw Kokichi's blush he knew the nickname was perfect for him. 

"Hey, Shu, are we a thing now?" Kokichi asked taking his hand in his looking up and Shuichi. Shuichi blushed. "We can if that's what you want." He said kissing Kokichi's cheeks before placing one on his forehead before he slowly pulled back. "Y-yeah, I-I would like that," Kokichi said pulling him closer to him feeling a sense of safety fall onto his shoulders making him relax.