-2-

We went back to school the following week and it was nice to be able to be around all of these amazing and talented people. Although...I didn't feel like I was good enough to deserve this... 

I didn't have a ton of classes with Kokichi...I may have had one or 2 classes with him...but even then he would always avoid me...always sitting farthest away from me, leaving the class first before I can talk to him...this just made me feel even more worried.

"He is just being stubborn..." Kaede groaned making me laugh. We were sitting at our normal table. We were still waiting for Kaito and Maki to come to the table. "I'm not sure, maybe I did something to him...to make him mad at me..." I looked down at my tray. I wonder...maybe I wasn't who I am now before the contest...I have heard that having traumatic experiences can make you change.

"I'm worried about all of this...I just feel so guilty and the problem is...I don't even know why..." I pushed my tray forward putting my head into my arms. "Don't worry about it too much. I'm sure you guys will be able to figure this out!" Kaede gave me a supportive smile before Kaito came and sat next to me. 

"What were you guys talking about sidekick?" Maki sat down next to him with the same neutral expression on her face. "Shuichi is still worried about if he did something to make Kokichi hate him." Rantaro pointed to me putting my head into my arms. 

"Shuichi! You can't let something like this get you down! I'm sure it's nothing, he must just be overreacting like he always does." Maki nodded before putting a hand on my shoulder. "If you want to know it's better to just ask him so you don't make all of these assumptions." I smiled pulling my head out of my arms. "Thank you, guys."

"If it makes you feel better, he has been avoiding everyone in our class." My eyes widened slightly. "Really?" I asked lacing my fingers together on the table. This whole situation is making me feel so confused. What is going on with Kokichi? No matter how many times I ask the question I still don't get any closer to the answer.

"Yeah, he has been just leaving before anyone can talk to him, and whenever we someone manage to catch him after school he just walks away and goes into his apartment not opening the door to anyone," Keebo said putting his hand to his chin. "Maybe something did happen?" Kaede asked before her eyes went wide. "I did hear from some of the past people who signed up for this contest they had lost some of their memories from before!" She exclaimed making Rantaro laugh. 

"Why are you laughing at me?" She puffed her cheeks out at him. "I just find it so funny how excited you get about figuring things out." She groaned making try to stifle a laugh. 

"Anyway, she is right, maybe he just remembers something we don't?" What Rantaro and Kaede said confirmed my suspicions...maybe Kokichi needs help?

"See you guys later!" I said getting up with my tray. "Are you sure you are going to be alright Shuichi?" Kaito asked before I nodded not trusting my voice to not shake. I left and threw my tray in the trash before leaving the cafeteria. 

"Where would Kokichi be..." I mumbled to myself. I walked around the field and it was a large field. Although, some of the students have talents that don't require being outside...there is still a big majority of students that do...so they have to have a huge track, field, and pool. 

I walked past the bleachers and saw that someone was sitting under the bleachers. Maybe this is where Kokichi sits at lunch. If he is trying to avoid everyone then this would be a good spot to not be found easily by another person. I crouched under the bleachers and saw that he was laying there. He looked really tired...his eyes were closed and his arms were crossed over his chest. 

"Kokichi..." I whispered crawling over to him. I put my hand on his shoulder and shook his slightly to wake him up. "Hgn.." He groaned slowly opening his beautiful purple eyes. "Hey, Kokichi..." I said keeping my voice hushed. "Shuichi..." He quietly said my name before his eyes shot open. "Shuichi!" He yelled before he abruptly stood up hitting his head on the bleachers. "Kokichi! Wait!" I yelled trying to run after him, but he was already long gone. 

I sighed. He seemed so peaceful...why did he get so scared when I was the one to wake him up? I mean even in the game the only times I found him asleep he was faking it and always yelled 'It's a lie' afterwords...

Now that I think about it...have I ever seen him eat a meal? Wait...I felt my face pale...I need to help Kokichi, I care about him a lot! I may not be good at showing someone or anyone that I care for them...but I need him to know. 

I felt my eyes tear up. "Kokichi...I need you to be alright..."

.   .   .

The next day I saw him leave the school building after school. I can talk to him now! I walked over to him. "Kokichi!" I yelled making him turn around to face me. He turned around abruptly and started walking away from me. "Wait!" I gasped grabbing his hand looking at him. "Please tell me why you are ignoring me!" I felt more tears come down my face. I can't cry now... He tried to pull his hand from mine, but I held him there...I just want to know what I did to you Kokichi...

His eyes glared at me before tears came out of his eyes. "You want to know what you did to me?! Why would you care?! YOU DIDN'T CARE BEFORE SO WHY WOULD YOU CARE NOW?!" He yanked his hand away from mine leaving me standing there confused. I didn't care about him before. I felt my legs crumble from under me...who the hell was I before?!

I pulled myself up and walked to my apartment and sighed...why...why...what did I do to Kokichi?