-1-

Shuichi's POV
We had to continue on, Tsumugi was the mastermind and Keebo died to get us out of here. I have no idea of what could be in store for me, Maki, and Himiko... "You ready for this Shuichi?" Maki asked with a small smile. "As ready as I'll ever be," I said as we all walked out of the cage of the prison we have had to live for who knows how long...

.   .   .

"Shuichi, you're finally awake!" I blinked a couple of times before I saw all my classmates standing in front of me. I felt tears prick at my eyes. They are all alive! "Tsumugi, you probably shouldn't stand so close! Anyone would want to punch you after the game." Kaito said from where he was standing next to Maki who had also just woken up. 

"Yeah, you're right..." She sighed and backed away. "Gonta glad that Shuichi is awake!" Gonta exclaimed while everyone nodded in agreement. "I'm so glad all of you are alive." Tears fell out of my eyes onto my hands. "I knew you could make it! I'm so proud of you sidekick!" Kaito gave me a hug after I stood up from my bed. My legs were a little wobbly, but I steadied myself. 

"Thank you, Kaito." He backed away while Kaede ran up to me and gave me a hug almost knocking me over. "I'm so sorry for what I made you go through! I really didn't mean to make you feel that way! I was only trying to do what was best!!" I cut off her rambling and rubbed her back. "It's alright Kaede. I'm just so glad you are still alive..." 

"Well, seeing as Maki, Himiko, Shuichi, and Keebo were the winners of the 10 million dollars! I wanted to congratulate you all!" Tsumugi said walking over to where we were standing with a smile on her face. "Won?" I asked feeling as confused as the other winners looked from beside me.

"You guys won the contest!" She clapped her hands together making me blank out for a moment. I won? "How did I win if I died right before the end?" Keebo asked. It was a good question...I thought it was only for survivors...not that I'm saying I didn't want Keebo to win...I just wasn't that sure about the rules of any of this. 

"Oh! That was my bad...it was my fault that you got killed in the end..." She looked to the side rubbing the back of her neck. "It's alright! I'm not mad I was just confused." Keebo said before walking over to stand by Miu.

"Why did I sign up for this contest..." I asked under my breath but seeing tsumugi walk over to me...I'm assuming she heard me... "Here!" She said handing me a letter. I opened it and saw that it was a flyer for the contest. 

'All students at Hope's Peak! Do you want some cash for playing a game! You can win 1 million dollars!! Come to the student center in 4 days to be able to participate!!'

My eyes widened. This was all a game? I mean it was a killing game...but I had no idea it was a contest... "Seeing as you all made it out, we will split the money between you guys!" Tsumugi said clapping her hands together before leaving the room.

"Sidekick! What are you planning on doing with your prize money?" Kaito put his arm around my shoulder doing the same with Maki on the other side. "I'm not sure actually...I didn't expect this to happen after I got out of there..." 

"That's alright! I'm sure you will use it wisely!" Kaito said before turning his focus over to Maki. I looked around the room smiling, happy to see all of the friends I thought I lost...all here laughing and talking. Something caught my eye as I was looking around.

Kokichi

He was in the corner of the room, far away from anyone else. He was frowning and looking down at his feet. What happened to Kokichi? I put my hand to my chin. He was always so energetic and outgoing...and kind of annoying...in the game. I wasn't a big fan of being teased by him all the time but seeing him like this almost seemed worse.

I walked over to him trying to answer all my questions as I walked over there. "Hey, Kokichi," I said with a small wave. He looked up at me with a glare. I noticed that his eyes had bad bags under them and he did seem a little underweight...even before I was worried about this... 

"Hey, Shuichi..." He said before turning around and walking out of the room. He didn't say any nickname and his happy tone was nonexsistant...he seemed dead...confused and concerned I walked back over to Kaede and Rantaro.

"Hey...Kaede?" I asked getting her and Rantaro's attention. "Yeah, Shuichi? Do you need anything?" Rantaro asked putting a hand on my shoulder. "I was wondering if anything seemed off to you about Kokichi..." I said feeling nervous all over again. "When I tried to talk to him earlier he just said hey and left, right afterward..." I could never figure him out before and I still can't figure him out now. 

"I have noticed that he has been more off...since he has gotten back." He paused letting Kaede speak after him. "He hasn't been talking to anyone either...it almost seems like he has just changed." I shook my head trying to calm down. "S-Sorry, I have just been worried about him." I didn't mention that I was still worried about him in the game...especially after the 4 trial...

"You should go and talk to him. That could make you feel less anxious about this." Kaede smiled at me. "Yeah, I'll try and talk to him," I said before I waved to them and left. Tsumugi gave me my apartment key and my phone and the prize money...what the hell am I going to do with this? I sighed and left the building.

-Here is the first part of what I remember of the plot of this story that was originally by @Ciel-and-Payten! I hope that this will be a good portrayal of the original! Thanks for reading!-

-ShuichiOuma010-