No Longer Hidden- Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

~~Nina's Point Of View~~

I hated these days as I moved the clothe door aside and walked out into the morning light. Another day that held more death and heartache. A day when there was another battle. How can we keep going on and fighting this war that is now ravaging our people. The rebels are just so hell bent on eradicating me and my brother from the face of the world.

Looking back on the past year and a half, so much has changed. Shane and Deena have been the power couple among the rogues they lead. For the past year, Deena has gained the trust and respect she was afraid she'd never earn among their newly formed pack. I was happy they finally showed her what I already knew, she was more than respected.

My eyes adjusting to the new sunlight drifting over from the eastern horizon, I smiled. There was more than one couple that have come out of the past year. Louis and Faith, the girl who had been abused by Acerbi, had forged a sweet relationship. Even now seeing them standing off to the side of the medical tent, you knew they had become an item.

The way they held each other and kissed softly. Louis' arms wrapped around her so his hands rested on the small of her back. One of her hands lazily caressing his hair from his temple. They were definitely in love and with that hickie on her neck, they are starting to take their relationship farther if not already.

Louis leaned down and caused Faith to giggle which made a few around them turn their heads. Almost all of them smiled because they all heard just what had happened to her and have tried to help her adjust to a new life with us. At first she would run away from them and over to Louis. Now she just takes a step back if she gets uncomfortable. For those times that are becoming rare, Louis or Lane would appear moments later to ask if she was alright. Both brothers taking a liking to her even those she seems more smitten with Louis than Lane.

I covered my mouth to hold back the laugh when Faith smacked Louis' chest after he did something to her. It was beyond amazing that now she can scold without fear like she was doing right now to Louis. Whatever he did, she didn't think it was right. His smirk and love filled eyes soothing her into a blush with a timid smile.

"You think they will get married one day?" I came to stand next to me seeing the two with me.

I nodded. "If fate will let them, they will have a great future together."

Ian leaned down to my ear. "You know, they made love last night." Jerking my head back, I gave him the how-do-you-know look to which he shrugged. "I walked passed that part of the hospital tent where they stay at night. Not like I purposefully went looking for them to see what they were doing."

My eyes going back over to the two to see Lane had gotten over to them and kissed her cheek. He must know that they were together last night too. Their link together wasn't nearly as powerful as the link between my twin brother and I, but they still knew when someone felt something for someone. I just wished to find someone for Lane now, so they both could be very happy.

"We should be getting to the circle. The others are waiting for their Queen." I nodded and lead the way to the outskirts of the camp.

The circle had become a ritual for all of us now. It was the time before we headed off to the battlefield for another fight. It was more for moral than anything else. People placing their carved wooden talisman into the hallowed tree chest to be claimed after the battle. It was one thing that Faith had sent Louis to suggest to me seven months ago. That way we knew who was either missing or dead at the end of the battle. We'd all return to claim our talisman leaving those gone in the chest.

For those talismans no longer claimed, Faith has been taking them and tying them up to a set of black banners she had been hand sewing for a place to show those no longer with us. She had wanted something to honor and remember those fallen for our cause. There were even talismans threaded to those banners from my book of the lost wolves to this bloody war.