No Longer Hidden- Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Ian stared right into my eyes. "You can do this. Just take it an Alpha at a time. No need to look ahead when you have an obstacle right in front of you."

I nodded. "The future will be there when I finish."

He smirked and nodded his head. "That's right so just keep that in mind." He turned me to the dirt circle that was created over night for this Right. It was ten yards wide from the center which meant that it was twenty yards in diameter.

Derek had made sure I knew the rules to the Right. There was no time limit at all during each challenge. However long it took for me to subdue or be subdued is however long it took. Each Alpha could take a day to subdue, or five minutes. It all depended on how him or I managed to outwit the other.

The end of each match was determined when one of two things happens. One, if I'm able to managed thrust the Alpha out of the circle, I win that match. The second way would be if I managed the hold the Alpha down long enough for him to surrender. Either way, if I win, they are required to kneel before me and make a grand show of submission.

But if they manage to subdue me, my life would be forfeit. The Alpha had the right to take my life. Some would demand it, but only that Alpha had the final decision. He could even keep me and Daemon, my mate and husband, apart. This would be the only situation that someone could keep two mates apart.

Thankfully Derek was the first Alpha I was going up against. "And just remember, this isn't like practice. Alpha Mooney won't go easy on you. He must and will do everything he can to try to subdue you to his will. You may have proven at home that you can withstand his voice, but none of the other Alphas has seen it. They need to see that you are stronger than he is."

I lifted my chin as Derek stepped into the circle. He crossed his arms over his bare chest and raised an eyebrow at me. I knew he was asking if I was ready to get started in completing the Right. I could almost hear all the wives of the other Alphas swoon at the mere sight of Derek like he was. I didn't because I had a mate of my own and saw no other. Not to mention that he was like a father to me.

Squaring my shoulders, I took the plush robe off and tossed it behind me. Ian chuckled as I know it landed in his hand. My eyes catching sight of Daemon on the other side of the ring on the outer where he had to stand as he was the rightful heir to his father's responsibilities. He had to show that he stood with his father in a situation like this.

I didn't even look at Daemon as I looked right at his father. My feet crossing the rope that made up the circle. A rope tacked down by spikes every foot. The spikes drilled so far that their flat tops were completely flat against the ground.

Taking a deep breathe, I walked forward into the circle. Derek smirked as we started to slowly circle each other. "Time to show what you're really made of."

I smirked matching his own. "Don't worry old man, I'll not hurt you too bad for Macy."

He chuckled. "We'll find out in a moment if you even can." He tilted his head down and looked me right in the eye. "Remember, I can't and will not hold back this time. This is the moment when you need to prove to me you're ready for this."

I matched his stare in every way. The intensity. The strength. The pure conviction that was in every ounce of my body. "Then let us begin."

He gave a small bow of his head before he rushed toward me. My body lowered slightly as I counted. Time slowed for me. Every step he took, took a few seconds as I breathed and waited for the right moment. The moment I knew was coming the closer he got.

Then the moment came and I didn't even wait a heart beat before I acted. I twisted away from him and pushed off the ground with one leg. The motion causing my body to take flight as my feet flipped over my head. My hands going to rest on his shoulder where I gripped.