No Longer Hidden- Epilogue

Epilogue

I smiled as I softly chuckled. The world was so very different now. My kind was now openly accepted and the healing process for everyone begun the moment the war was declared over. A healing process and acceptance of not just my kind, but so many different supernatural beings.

Leaning slightly forward, I looked to the woman in the very posh looking pencil skirt power suit. "Now that we have established a common ground with all the governments on what it means for our existence to this world, we are working with the governments to solidify our purpose and the new direction this world is heading. The future is very bright."

She nodded to me and her curled golden locks shifted behind her should as she tossed her hair lightly. "And what about you and your King?" She leaned forward with a glint in her eye. "Will there be any little princes or princesses in the future to be heir to this new wolf empire?"

To this I gave a soft euphoric sigh. "We will be starting on that shortly now that the world is settling into it's new path."

Little did anyone but my mate knew that it would be sooner rather than later when their will be an heir to the throne. After this interview, we were going to be on our way to Daemon's childhood home to see the whole family. I was anxious and nervous to tell everyone the good news.

She pursed her lips with the tight smile on it. Not in the distaste sort of way, but a wishing for more information. She was phishing and I knew it. "Come on, just between us women. Any chance at kids soon?"

I laughed half heartedly. "Sorry to disappoint, but that will be between my husband and myself." Smiling brightly as I knew she didn't like it when I would not budge or give even a hint more than the answer I had given to any reporter.

Ian came to just behind me, and whispered delicately in my ear making it seem important. He knew how much I hated being on TV for any reason, but as Queen, I had to represent my people at least four times a week on all sorts of programs. I actually preferred when I was speaking with the different Heads of State for each of the different countries more than being on TV. He literally wasn't telling me anything at all, just made it look like he was saying something.

I gave a soft nod and turned to the reporter. "Forgive us, but we must leave now." I rose and she did too. I did not look back as I walked around the chair and walked effortlessly out of the interview room. Ian a couple of steps behind me with the station escort in front of us leading us out.

We marched all the way to the car waiting for us out the side door of the station and slid right into the vehicle. A sigh came out as the car pulled away from the building and Ian sat beside me. He grinned like a triumphant fool. He had every right to feel that way as I really didn't want to be there any longer.

I brushed my knee length flared skirt. "So what excuse did you give the network this time?"

He shrugged with a smirk. "I didn't."

Laughing, I bumped my shoulder with his. "You're bad."

He lifted my hand up and place a chaste kiss on my knuckles. "I am whatever you need me to be, my Queen."

Looking out the window, I felt something from him I had recently been feeling from him, loneliness. In all the time I've known this man, I've never seen him look at a woman with interest. Not once. Sure there have been women that have tried to throw themselves at him, but he'd just shrug them off and stand near me to do his duty. Just once I wish he would find someone. He needed time off from being my captain of the guard and live a little.

Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I relaxed into the seat. Next stop was the hotel and on to the Airport. In just six hours I will be standing with my family being hugged to near death. It was something I was so excited for after being gone for five months. Daemon was at the hotel with all our stuff as he made sure his calendar was empty for today. I was the one that couldn't get out from the last three interviews before we have a few weeks off to relax with family.