Chapter 3

update- Anna's wedding has been moved to three months instead of three days.

aaaaand Westergadd will start training to be an Admiral

~

Elsa was rather shaken up- well, she usually always was, but she hasn't been this frighten sense the Great Freeze. and Anna sensed her sisters unease. it was late evening, and the two sisters were busy in Elsa's study, at the moment, finishing up the last of the invitations. Anna kept glancing over at Elsa, who's gloved hands were shaking slightly, and she ran her hands through her hair almost every minute, even though it was all pulled back in a neat bun.

"Elsa, stop closing off again."

Elsa stiffened, glancing over at her sister without lifting her head.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

this made Anna flicker with a spark of anger- a flame ready to burn out of control, which was rare for the bubbly princess.

"you're lying."

Anna accused, setting down her quill and crossing her arms. the blonde huffed her bangs out of her face, but remained silent and pretended to write.

"you went back to see him, didn't you?"

Anna spat dryly, narrowing her eyes. when Elsa had left Hans' room, she went to tell her sister of the happenings. and the princess forbid her sister to go back to see him, sense to Anna, that monster was hurting her sister. it was clear Hans brought out the bad side in Anna. the happy very bad side.

at this, Elsa slammed down her own quill, and finally looked up at the ginger with tired eyes.

"I did not, Anna."

her voice was firm, and for once, Anna took that answer.

but it was a lie, because she did go back.

~EARLY MORNING~

it was dawn- far too early for anyone but Elsa to be up. she hadn't had an easy sleep for a few days, for reasons she didn't know of. (Or at least, that's what she told herself.) So, in the dim light of dawn, the Queen slipped out of bed and bathed, pulled up her hair into a regal bun, and fit into a gown. The dress, which happened to be the first thing she saw in her wardrobe, was crimson red, sleeveless, the skirt went all the way to the floor, and there were no designs- very different from all her other dresses. It had, of course, been a coronation gift from a kingdom who's name she could not recall. Then, silently, the Queen slipped out of her room and went strait to the medical wing.

Hans had had a stroke of luck when sleep overcame him late at night- in fact, he was still sleeping as Elsa (he was not aware of was her, though) entered his 'room' as quietly as she could. Hans taught himself at a young age how to stay alert- so when even the soft creaking of the floorboard could be heard, he pretended to sleep and waited to see who his company was.

Elsa stopped and stared from the doorway. He was still asleep, and he looked peacful. Probably the only time when he looked as such. Elsa slowly crept forward, her eyes fill of not affection but curiosity. He was shirtless, but Elsa hardly noticed as she spotted a linen bandage wrapped around a part of his bicep. Auburn hair was all mussed up from lack of brushing and bathing. His lips were slightly parted in the sleep.

Maybe, if she was honest with herself, there was a hint of simpathy along with the curiosity.

Then she yelped.

Hans' hand shot out and grabbed the 'strangers' wrist, sense she had apparently become to close to him for his comfort. The first thing he noticed was the oddly cold temperature of the wrist in which he was still gripping. Elsa bit her lip, tears forming in the corner of her eyes from the burning sting of his hand. "Please let me go," she whimpered quietly. Only then did Hans snap out of the trance he was in and let go, and the Queen quickly moved away.

Elsa's other hand flew to her wrist, which was now red, and tried to cool it down to ease the pain. Hans only kept looking from his hands to Elsa in absolute fear. Elsa sniffed, drying away invisibal tears.

She was the first to speak.

"You have magic, don't you."

Her voice had no tone, but her stare had all the hurt and hate in it that didn't need words. Hans let out a short, sad laugh. "Fire powers," he looked up at the Queen with a sad smile, but at meeting her eyes and seeing a storm of hurt and hate, he dropped it. "Are you alright..?" He asked quietly and stepped forward one pace, but Elsa raised her hands. "Don't." She whispered, hands shaking slightly despite herself.

"I'm sor-" Hans tried again, but Elsa cut him off angrily. "How could you not tell me about this!? How could I not notice it!?" She seemed to be yelling at herself more then the man in front of her. "What would have been the point if I had told you? 'Hay, I have fire powers, and I'm telling you this before I die because I can'." Hans started becoming impatient with the Queen. "Sounds pretty stupid, doesn't it, Your Majesty."

"Don't speak the me that way!" Elsa snapped. There they were again, arguing with each other without being carful not to wake anyone. "And I was never going to execute you; I told you that already."

"Right, were aren't going to execute me, you were just going to keep me around to miserably be your slave!"

Wait, that came out wrong.

Both of them immediately started fighting off a deep blush.

Hans growled, which didn't help Elsa's case of trying not to blush, and opened his mouth again to change the subject. "Why did you come back here, anyway?"

Elsa frowned, staying silent for a beat before answering. "I wanted answers."

Hans' eyebrow raised. "Such as...?"

Elsa's frown turned into a scowl. "You know."

Hans breathed out. "Very well. Take a seat, then, Your Majesty."