Chapter 19

"There you go, buddy." Kristoff smiled and fed Sven a carrot, patting his back before he started to head out of the barn.

"I want it done and I want it done quickly."

A voice whispered rather loudly from the side of the barn. Kristoff's eyes widened and he stopped walking, leaning against the inside of it to get a better hearing.

"The Queen's execution will be difficult, you know."

A different voice responded, sounding irritated. Kristoff's eyes widened even more, and he placed a hand over his mouth to stifle a gasp.

"It won't be difficult when it's being done by someone special." The other voice said, sounding smug. A chuckle escaped the other person. "I see."

"I must get back. Meet me back here tomorrow-"

Suddenly the person was cut off by a nervous snort from Sven. Kristoff cringed and waited silently, but only heard the sound of footsteps quickly going away.

"Oh my God..." Kristoff mumbled and snuck into the castle.

~

Elsa groaned, sitting up in bed. She held her head gingerly, nursing a killer headache. "Holy.." She hissed and fell back again, furrowing her brows as she looked up at the ceiling.

This....this is why I don't drink. Ugh, I'm and idiot

Elsa scolded herself, turning onto her side slowly to look at her closed door.

I must have drank a lot... I barely remember a thing...

Elsa's face only grew more confused as she searched her mind for details of yesterday.

Oh god, I still need to tell Anna...

She groaned again and rolled out of bed to get ready.

I have meetings! I have paper work! I slept much too late!

Elsa brushed her mess of hair and tied it into a lazy braid of her shoulder, and splashed cold water from the basin on her face to wake her further. Drying her face with her cloth, she look up and into the mirror.

I. Look. Terrible.

The Queen had bags under her eyes, still a mess of hair, and a tired, slouched form. Suddenly, Anna came through the door, holding a cup of water. "Whoa, hey, Elsa! What are you doing up?!" Anna jumped and almost spilled the water. Elsa turned and smiled lopsidedly. "I'm a Queen, I have duties." She said determinedly. "No, no no no no. You need to stay in bed. You must have a killer hangover!" Anna protested, walking over and handing her the cup. "I do... But I need to tell you something." Elsa pressed her lips together.

~

"Elsa, that's- that's great!" Anna wore a radiant smile. "Why aren't you happy..?"

"I...I just, I don't..." Elsa bit her thumbnail.

"Elsa..?" Anna raised a brow."

"I guess I just... Don't love him.." Elsa sighed and looked down. Anna pressed her lips together and placed a hand on Elsa's shoulder. "Maybe in time, you will... But you know how good he is for the kingdom, Elsa. This wedding will combine Arendelle and the Southern Isles as allies, may there ever be war."

Elsa had gone over the thought many times over the few months, and she knew it was a point. "Exactly why I said yes," Elsa sighed again and leaned against her sister. Okay, one reason why she said yes. "It'll be okay, you'll see. But for now..." Anna smiled and looked down at her sister. "Wanna try some wedding cake...?"

Elsa's smile was all she needed to tug her down to the kitchen.