Chapter 2

so, as you can see, I've changed the title and the cover. I'm terribly sorry if you were confused for a moment!

~

Elsa could be quite sneaky when she wanted to be. like now, as she crept up behind her sister. Anna was in fact being sneaky as well- the ginger princess was stuffing her face with chocolate as Elsa concealed her giggles. "ahem!" Elsa coughed loudly behind Anna, who jumped in a terrible fright. "ELSA! DON'T DO THAT!!" Anna lightly hit her sisters arm, laughing. "but I did it for a good reason! come, I have a surprise for you." Elsa smiled innocently and took Anna by the wrist, leading her to her blue and white door. "ooo a surprise? oh my gosh what could it be..." while Anna rambled off ideas, Elsa giggled and opened her door, then guided her to her wardrobe. "you can stop guessing now, silly," she teased and opened it, reveling a white wedding gown with off the shoulder sleeves, and lace was sewn in here and there with pearls. "oh, Elsa..." Anna breathed and reached out to brush her fingers over the fabric. "is it...mothers?" she asked quietly and Elsa gave a small nod. "it is indeed. I found it a while ago, and I saved it for your day." she brought her sister into a warm hug. "thank you soooo much," Anna returned the hug tightly. "now why don't you go try it on!" Elsa encouraged and the ginger nodded quickly, disappearing behind a changing screen. "I'm so excited!" she called from behind the screen. "I can't believe I found the most perfect guy, and didn't end up marrying that...idiot from the Southern Isle." Elsa could practically hear her sister lifting her head high in disapproval. she reddened and cleared her the throat. "yes, right," she fiddled with her hands. she agreed with her sister fully- it was just, she hated having that monster around during this time. it made her blood boil. "Elsa, no need to worry, he's locked up and Arendelle's best guards are on watch. it'll be fine." Anna reassured the Queen, who nodded despite her being unable to see. a few moments later, Anna stepped out, looking beautiful in their mothers gown. "you look amazing!!" Elsa gushed and Anna giggled. "thank you," the Princess brushed her bangs out of her face in embarrassment, not used to getting complemented. Elsa went to hug her sister, but pulled away quickly to avoid messing anything up. Anna laughed, shaking her head at Elsa's fear of messing anything up.

"I should be the one afraid of ripping the dress!"

"that's ridiculous."

"it's true,"

Elsa rolled her eyes right as someone knocked on the door. the two girls sighed and asked in unison: "yes?"

the guard seemed nervous as he cleared his throat. "well, you see, the prisoner...he wishes to see you again." he explained, and Elsa flinched, clearly annoyed. "It can wait-" she starts, but the guard - rather brave of him - cuts her off. "he refuses to cooperate until he sees you,"

Elsa growled, and she could tell it would take all her might not to slap Hans when she gets to the medical wing. "fine." she snapped. "I'll be back in a few minutes," she told Anna, offering a small smile at Anna's frown. "okay," she said reluctantly.

~

The Queen then quickly walked to the door and threw it open, leaving a trail of frost all the way to the room, and threw that door open as well.

"what the hell do you want?" she almost yelled- and it satisfied her that Hans jumped and quickly turned to face her at her burst. he stayed silent, only looking at her.....which was even greater an annoyance. "well? I was told you weren't obeying." Elsa snapped and placed her frosting hands on her hips. "you refer to me as if I'm your pet dog." Hans finally spoke up, scowling with such bravery.

"perhaps that's why you are! a dog! now stop avoiding my question and answer your Queen!"

"you are no Queen to me!"

"how dare you! you- you-!"

he was mocking her! did her really think he'd get away with such a thing?! she grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him closer then either enjoyed. Elsa only stared at Hans with cracking blue eyes, her face as flushed as his own. Hans growled back at her, hiding his quick heart beat rather well.

with a sudden realization, the Queen blinked and slowly pried her hand off his collar, knuckles white from the grip. she stepped back many steps, then quickly spun around to hide her furiously flushed face, running her hands through her now loose hair. Hans watched her every movement with an unreadable expression. it was silent for what seemed like forever, with only the sounds of their shallow breathing. then the silence was broke.

"I keep asking for you..." Hans began, his voice almost a whisper. "because I want you to know why I ever did the things I did."

Elsa was still silent for a long moment, before slowly turning back around, her eyes speaking for her- showing confusions. Hans sighed, then slumped back down onto an old chair, looking down, his starting-to-overgrow auburn hair covering his eyes. it was Elsa's turn to watch him closely, and she almost- almost crept close to him. but she stood her ground. "I can't," she took a deep breath. "I can't do this right now." the Queen ran her hands through her hair again.

"I have many more surprises up my sleeve, Your Majesty" Hans said quietly. He nor Elsa could tell if that was a threat or sad confession.Hans looked down, and could only hear the sound of the door slowly creaking open, and wasn't surprised to hear nothing else as Elsa closed the door behind her. she almost apologized- but then she remembered who she was speaking to, and how it wasn't right to feel such pity.

Hans rubbed his temples, his emotions swirling of anger and sadness and annoyance. because, he realized, he hated how the Queen always ran from her problems, like at her coronation, whilst he had always endured his own problems. all the beatings and cruel words from his brothers. Hans grimaced again- such thoughts never helped his headaches. no thoughts at all.