Chapter 16: Spring

"Spring Break is next week," Blaine said on day at lunch, "does anyone have any plans?"

All the friends were sitting around their normal table. And it was one of the special days Damian was sitting with them, silently. He was as close to Lindsey as possible while giving them enough room to move their arms to eat.

"My parents are taking are taking me and my brother to our usual Spring Break destination." Ryeanne spoke up. 

"Virginia Beach, again?" Kelsey asked.

"Where else would we go?" Ryeanne asked.

"And this time Abigail and I were invited," Noah said.

Giovanni noticed Lindsey's confused look on her face.

"Ryeanne's parents always invite some of us to come with them," Giovanni explained. "To be honest, I'm surprised you weren't the one invited this time."

"Well that's because Damian told me-" Ryeanne started.

She stopped talking when Damian sent her a glare and looked down at her food. Lindsey looked between the two.

"What did Damian tell you?" Juliet asked.

"You can't just keep quiet now," Kelsey said. "Spill."

"It doesn't matter," Damian muttered before stabbing his food.

"No, tell me. What did you tell Ryeanne?" Lindsey asked.

"I told you, it doesn't matter," Damian said.

"He wants to take you on a vacation," Ryeanne said. "A semi-romantic vacation."

"Awww," the girls cooed.

"Damian is that true?" Lindsey asked.

The boys chuckled underneath their breath at Damian's expression.

"Where were you planning on taking her?" Juliet asked. "Caribbean? Italy? Paris?"

"Please say Paris, it'll be so cute," Abigail said, looking into the distance.

"New York City," Damian whispered for only Lindsey to hear. Lindsey's jaw dropped and tears sprang into her eyes.

"Wait where?" Noah asked, moving closer to hear.

"My home town," Lindsey said.

"Why there?" Logan asked. "I'm sure there are plenty of better places to spend a romantic vacation."

"Well, it was a kind of last minute decision," Damian said. "And Ryeanne told me about her thoughts to take her to the beach and I thought maybe I could take her somewhere that would be meaningful for our first trip together."

"That's the cutest thing ever!" Blaine said. "And my parents just want to take me and my siblings to Ohio to visit family. I would love to go on a romantic vacation for the break."

"First you need to find a boyfriend before you can have a romantic vacation," Logan laughed.

"Like you can talk," Blaine hissed.

Within the past few months, Lindsey has learned that Logan has been in love with Juliet since the sixth grade. And Juliet has loved him since the eighth grade. The others have hinted at their crushes, trying to get them together, but it hasn't worked. It's almost painful for Lindsey to see the two of them. They always sit next to each other at lunch, are always walking together to classes, they do cute stuff that Damian and Lindsey do with each other.

Damian, of course, has noticed and has said more than once, he just wants to push them together and force them to kiss. Lindsey thinks it's cute that Damian is invested in her friends' relationships.