3: Strange and deadly

Comment

Vote

Fan

3: Strange and deadly

It was nearly the end of form and I have shown Gunnar around most of the school but only by power walking so we wouldn’t be late for next lesson. But Gunnar didn’t really need to power walk because of his long legs which easily managed to keep up to my quick pace. Through the whole time he hasn’t spoken a single word and it was starting to get strange. When we finally made it back to the science department I had had enough of the silent treatment. I turned to face him and spat out angrily “Don’t you speak or do you think your so.. so.. uhh” I was so frustrated with him.

“Well I’m sorry for being so rude” A deep voice said, which made a shiver run down my spine. I couldn’t tell whether he was the one who had spoken but I couldn’t be sure.

“Apology accepted” I whispered still in my daze because of how sexy and low his voice was. “So … where do you come from” I said trying to make sure he doesn’t go silent on me again.

“Up north” He vaguely said, which didn’t really answer my question. Suddenly the bell rang causing me to jump slightly. “I’ve got to go” He muttered, while walking back in the direction we had come from.

“Bye” I whispered even though I knew he wouldn’t hear me. I don’t know what it is about him but he is so familiar with his voice and rare coloured eyes. It would be hard to forget someone like that but I just couldn’t put my figure on it. Still deep in thought I slowly started to shuffle to my next lesson through the now crowded corridors. If only I knew nothing will ever be the same again.

The rest of the school hours I avoided Gunnar like the plague and tried to act normal. But every corner I turned round or class room I walked into he was there. From what I had seen throughout the day is that he never spoke to anyone and just sat there with his sunglasses on. What was even more eerie was that his sunglasses where so dark that you couldn’t see his eyes, which meant you didn’t know where he was looking. Not only was that strange and weird but the fact the teachers ignored him like he wasn’t there but I had seen some sneak a few glances from the hulk that sat stiffly before them.

Now here I was, rummaging through my messenger bag, looking for my house keys while standing in front of my front door. I had run home so I could get away from Gunnar and his musky sent and the feeling that he was watching my every move. Feeling cold metal wrapped in my fingers, I pulled my hand from my bag to see the shimmer of the keys in the light. Shoving the metal in the key hole and twisted it until I heard the click of the lock opening the old oak door. Shuffling my sore feet into the hallway, I slammed the door shut and put my keys on the table in the corner while chucking my school bag on the floor near the stairs. Dragging one foot after another towards the kitchen, I turned on the coffee machine and sat on the breakfast stool with my head in my hands. I went over the event with the new student and how strange he was and acted.

The house was eerily quiet because neither of my parents was at home. They were more interested in their jobs than their lives at home. They both worked as a part of the town council, but what they do to be a part of it is beyond me.

Even though her loud thoughts drowned out the silence that covered the house like thick fog she still heard the click of the coffee machine and the sound of boiling water. She hopped off the stool and went to get a mug from the cupboard above the machine to pour her now hot coffee in to it.

I leaned against the plush cushions on the living room couch, with my feet up with my homework on my lap. I was blindly writing an easy that I have to do for my English homework about how people’s talk has changed, but I have no interest in what I am doing or had a clue on what to write about. Taking another sip from my coffee, and then carefully putting it back on the table in front of me, I painfully put pen to paper trying to think of anything I could write.