2: Always me

2: Always me

I was in form at the start of the school day, talking with my friends about what we were going to do to celebrate my birthday that is next Wednesday. My friends are getting so hyped up over planning for it that I am surprised they haven’t started jumping up and down in the seats they sit in that are opposite to mine in this old physics class room. You would think it would have been decorated by a clown because of the bright clashing coloured walls, which have chipped a way and has got singed marks on.  We had just come to a conclusion that we were going to go ice skating after school with my friends Jayne and Rose. Rose wanted to go shopping instead because she loves shopping but I have never really liked shopping that much. There are too many different sounds and smells that give me a headache so we are going ice skating because it is more fun and reminds me of winter because of the temperature even though we are in the middle of spring. Winter is my favourite time of the year because of the snow, which doesn’t bother me because I love cold climates.

I wouldn’t say I am a girly girl but I am not a tomboy either. I love clothes and things that a lot of girls do but I also love sports, action and scary films and rock music. It isn’t like I don’t like other types of music or genres of films but they are my favourite.

Suddenly there was a knock on the half tinted glass door which looks like it has been mended with sticky tape when it got cracked during a throwing fight one physics lesson. The knock on the door made everyone else in the room to quieten down their conversations so they could strain their hearing to find out what the silhouette behind the door wants.

“Come in” Replied the gruff voice of Mr Allen, who is slouched in his chair with is feet on his desk while he is reading a book about stars and how they are formed. Mr Elson, the deputy head teacher, strutted into the room like he owned it and everything in it. I was surprised that he didn’t just walk in the room without being told to ‘entre’ because of his big ego. He is a middle aged man who has the same green eyes as a lot of other people in Blakemore. I, however, have electric blue eyes that sometimes look like they glow under the moon rays. I am not the only person with different eye colours because there are a few people with grey or brown eyes, I even know someone with one grey eye and one brown eye, but I am the only one with blue eyes from what I have seen.

A lot of men in this town are very tall and muscular that they even make some professional weight lifters look like an ant compared to them. Mr Elson is one of those tall muscular men but he has a mud brown colour hair and a crescent moon tattoo on his right bicep. Mr Allen looks completely in his facial features and hair colour. He has a sharp jagged cheek bones and a pointy chin. He has grey hair that he says is his natural colour but it is too dark to be that colour because of his age and I have never seen anybody else with the same colour hair.

Mr Elson walked straight to Mr Allen and spoke in hushed voices meaning I couldn’t hear what they were saying because I am sat in the corner in the back of the class. By the way Mr Allen straightened in his seat and the way that Mr Elson’s forehead had creases all over it I could tell it was about something serious. As they carried on talking with their blank expressions, another silhouette appeared in the door way. Even though the door was open, thank to Mr Elson, I still couldn’t see who it was and I was even more egger to know who it was when all discussions in the class stopped all together.  The hairs on the back of my neck stood on their ends, while the girls that have a perfect view of the door were gawking at whoever it is. I knew it was a male because of the broadness and tallness of the figure that stood there and because of how the girls were looking all flirty and lustful. This made them look desperate and needy so I felt sorry for him.

Mr Allen abruptly stood up and walked to the centre of the class and faced us with Mr Elson a few steps behind.

“Class we have a new student starting here” He gestured for the person hidden behind the door the door to enter the room. Instantly I could tell why all the girls had been drooling. In walked a boy who had almost like golden coloured hair and grey eyes that reminded me of looking into a pool of sterling silver. He had a bad boy type look because of his choppy and wild haircut, his tight stance and the muscles bulging from his tight black t-shirt. He was very intimidating and danger rolled off him in waves. “This is Gunnar. He is a new student here and I would like someone to show him around the school grounds for the rest of form” As soon as Mr Allen had said the words ‘someone’ and ‘show him around’ about tree-quarter of the female population in the room put their hands up. “Let me see…” Mr Allen drawled out as he looked around at the eager looking girls who were waving like there was no tomorrow.

I looked at Gunnar to see him with his arms crossed, making his biceps look bigger than before, looking out of the window with a tight looking expression on his face. Suddenly his nose started to flare like someone who had smelt a really good meal. As if he could sense my gaze he snapped his head in my direction but to save myself embarrassment, from checking him out, I turned back to Mr Allen who I saw watching me.

“Miss Davis would you be so kind to show Mr Andrews around please” Mr Allen smirked at me causing the girls with their hands up to glare at me, while the boys in the room carried on talking.

While mumbling some not very nice words under my breath and picking up my black messenger bag off the floor I looked up to my friends to see humour in their eyes. They know I don’t like boys because they all end up being perverts in the end. Rose winked at me and mouthed ‘Got for it’, while Jayne mouthed ‘it will be fine’ I already knew this was going to be a long day. With that thought I walked to the front of the class where I came face to face with an amused looking Mr Allen. I swear he takes pleasure in making other people’s lives living hell.

“Did you say something Miss Davis” He said smugly. Well I guess he heard me mutter under my breath.

“Nothing, sir” I added for good measure and flashed him a fake smile that I hope he wouldn’t see through my little act. He frowned at this but soon covered it up with a smile of his own.

“Ok well run along Scarlett, wouldn’t want you to be late for next lesson”. Great not only have I got to show this miniature hulk around the school grounds but I only have ten minutes to do so. With the size of the school it is going to take about half an hour.

“Well run along” Mr Elson repeated Mr Allen’s words, while clicking his figures. With that said I power walked out of the room with the ‘Gunnar’ guy walking silently behind me. As soon as we were both out of the class room Mr Elson walked out, shutting the door and walked down the corridor. I turned to the new guy, who looked even more muscular and intimidating up close. He was looking down to me with a blank expression. I swallowed the lump in my throat and said in a slightly squeaky and high pitch voice “Well I guess I should show you the school grounds then”.