Synopsis

Ana Redwing is a half breed, spurned by her father’s people, held in contempt by her mother’s. An accident when she was younger has rendered her unsightly to look upon, so she ekes out a lonely existence in the Sandia Mountains near Albuquerque, New Mexico. She is known as a healer, practicing the medicine of her mother’s tribe. But the town folk of the nearby outpost only use her knowledge when they have nothing left to lose. Consequently, she is happier with animals than people, surrounding herself with her livestock.

            Once a thief, always a thief. Colton Lassiter has been on the wrong side of the law too many times to count. After he double crosses the bank robbers he once rode with, he has to find a place to lay low for the winter. The Sandia Mountains outside of Albuquerque, New Mexico, seem just perfect. But he’s never been very good at laying low. When he accidentally shoots his own dog, he seeks out the help of the reclusive healer Albuquerque shuns. And finds out exactly why she’s ostracized.

            It’s not until his past catches up to him on Christmas Eve that he has a chance to redeem himself, as well as prove to a damaged woman that beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder.